Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
5,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been thinking of going with the Aeromotive one. A1000 style with the -10 inlets and -6 outlet but wanted to get some feedback on what else is out there.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Justin @ Fore Precision already did some testing, and in a triple pump system the A1000 regulator was not the regulator of choice. The regulator that works best with that fuel volume was the Aeromotive Pro-series regulator. Thats what we are including in our triple pump return systems because of Justins research. Of course, you dont have to use Aeromotive. You could use a Magnafuel or other brands equivalent.

·
Registered
5,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The aero piece is of good quality? I know I am a bit iffy on there pumps, that is why I am going to the glenns performance triple pump system. It has been proven to work!

How is the magnafuel products?

Oh by the way I recieved my fore rails that are E-coated, they look killer!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
I also forgot to mention that Fore is making his own regulator that will be able to support the triple pump setup and it has some neat features such as a warning light that can be wired to come on when the regulator stops bypassing fuel (this would mean you pumps are maxed).

The Aeromotive regulator is a quality piece, cant say that I have had any issues with that product from them and we have been shipping our return systems with them (will be switching to the fore piece though).

I have heard a lot of good things about Magnafuel, but have no first hand expierence with thier product to be honest. But from what I have read on some other forums, everyone is real happy with their products.

·
Registered
889 Posts
I HAVE THE TWO COBRAS WITH THE AEROMOTIVES, THEY WORK AWESOME.

·
Registered
5,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I see that you have only one return from the rails back to the reg, any reason? I was going to bring 2 lines back to the reg, one from each rail.

·
Registered
889 Posts
Feed Front Passenger, Loop Back, Return To Reg Front Driver, As An Example.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Feed Front Passenger, Loop Back, Return To Reg Front Driver, As An Example.
Are you not running a boost reference line?

I too am running the Aeromotive regulator, but it's the same one pictured above the A1000. I haven't seen any negative performance from this regulator, but I can only comment on my personal experience.

·
Registered
889 Posts
are You Not Running A Boost Reference Line?

I Too Am Running The Aeromotive Regulator, But It's The Same One Pictured Above The A1000. I Haven't Seen Any Negative Performance From This Regulator, But I Can Only Comment On My Personal Experience.
Yes, I Run The Boost Reference On Both Cars.

·
Registered
5,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I just purchased a complete kit form Glenns performance today it consists fo the following:

Glenns performance sumped fuel tank
push lock fuel line and fittings
Y-block
twin walbro pumps
Aero A1000 reg

They said they have had NO issues with the A1000 reg that has the -10 inlet ports so I went with it!

03-sonic, How much power are you running with the twin walbro's? I was planing on the triple pumps but they told me I do not need it, the duel would be more than enough to handle up to 900 rwhp.

·
Registered
4,670 Posts
I just purchased a complete kit form Glenns performance today it consists fo the following:

Glenns performance sumped fuel tank
push lock fuel line and fittings
Y-block
twin walbro pumps
Aero A1000 reg

They said they have had NO issues with the A1000 reg that has the -10 inlet ports so I went with it!

03-sonic, How much power are you running with the twin walbro's? I was planing on the triple pumps but they told me I do not need it, the duel would be more than enough to handle up to 900 rwhp.
He drills his pumps out, they are good for 500hp a piece so you are good for 1000hp.

·
Registered
5,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
1,000 whell hp on a blower car? I know at the same power levels between a blower car to a nitrous car or turbo car, the blower car will demand more fuel do to the loss of power needed to drive the blower.

·
Registered
5,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Now that I went return I no longer need the FPDM in the car correct??

1 - 20 of 26 Posts