Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
538 Posts
well ive been shopping for a gps for awhile and seem that this might quench my thirst for a all in one system,going to order this week will post review once installed

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
This might be exactly what I'm looking for. I was thinking about getting the new SCT Xtreme flash tool, but the prices I've seen were not budget friendly. Thanks for adding it to the front page I'll have to check into both of them more.

Thanks Mike

·
Registered
2 Posts
These are on sale for $535.28 (OBD) and $677.53 (NAV)
Very nice set ups, best touch screen I've used and deep support on the back end now with enhanced OEM data and data logging support for most 3rd party products.
[link advertisement omitted]

·
Registered
213 Posts
I have one of these...have had it for a few months.

Spartan Diesel use it to tune the 2008 Ford F250...they have custom tunes, that you save to the SD card then you use the dashDaq to flash the ECM...

Course I can also use the DD to monitor my EGTs, fuel rail pressure, boost, tranny temp, etc...etc..

This thing is POWERFUL!!!!

I am surprised that none of the mustang tuners use it to flash these cars....for the $600 its 10 times the tool as an SCT or similar...can do SOO much more.

I am actually also planning to use it in my 2000GT that is having a turbo installed right now...and sees track duty.

The DashDaq will already monitor Fuel pressure, engine temp, oil temp, tranny temp...tq converter slip..etc. I "think" I can purchase the added license and also be able to monitor boost without even buying an aftermarket gauge...and I can also use the dashdaq to datalog my AFR using my Innovate LC-1

Anyhow.....interested in taking this discussion further if anyone else is interested....I can help with some dashdaq related questions, as I have been playing with it since bout July.

·
Registered
213 Posts
The normal dashdaq does not have the flashing ability enabled. But it can flash as you said.
I know off the shelf it dont....I had to install the license, and then a tuning button/icon appears, and you can install tunes bases on what you have on the SD card.

IT pulls your stock file and stores it on the SD card then it loads the new tune.

As I said its VERY powerful.

And after the tuning abilities you have TONS of PIDs you can monitor, and datalog...and datalog for HOURS..DAYS...

Then theres the GPS factor, etc..etc

I am going to be using mine in the car in place of hundreds of dollars worth of gauges...just like I do in my truck.

Again I am surprised more dont know about this tool and use it.

I would say that us with the powerstrokes were some of the first to use the flashing abilities of this product, we started back before all the cool new firmware updates were released...none of those pretty little icons that are shown now were abaliable when we first started using.

This is what my gauges look like...well when thats what I want to monitor

This is where I mounted mine in the truck when I first got it months ago.

ANd this is what I have it installed in and what I tuned.

·
Registered
213 Posts
There is no doubt that this is a kick ass product, but it sure is a lot of money for what it does.
Its not cheap...but for $600 I got a hand held tuner, a data logger, and can use it on any ODBII vehicle for gauges...so it saved me from buying 3-4 gauges on my diesel, and it saved me over $1K on buying gauges for my turbo mustang...not bad IMO.

·
Registered
213 Posts
True...and much more...heck they are working on video out and even games I thought I read...its a pretty powerful tool...and can be used on NUMEROUS vehicles...you cant be taking your FP, boost, trans gauges out of your truck and then put them in your stang....but you can this....its pretty cool, and I am overall impressed...and sorta surprised that more dont know about it and use it.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Does anyone have one with the GPS feature? And if so, can you check to see if it has Canadian maps loaded into it.
I called them 2 weeks ago to ask about the Canadian maps, and the guy I talked to, didn't know. Said he would find out and call me back that afternoon. That was 2 weeks ago, and still no call back.

·
Registered
577 Posts
This thing looks pretty cool. Looks like it puts my DashHawk and Aeroforce Gauge to shame.

·
Registered
644 Posts
how much does the licesne cost (to allow ECU flashing)?

Does the license lock you into one car/ecu?

I assume they only provide software / database for one vehicle.

Looks like an awesome alternative!

·
Registered
213 Posts
The unit comes with MANY parameters already available for most all ODBII vehicles...but to get ALL the parameters you have to buy the license...but once you buy say the FORD license you can see EVERY sensor available on EVERY FORD..I think the license is $99 or real close to that..and as I said it covers ALL the cars in the maker you buy the license for..pretty sweet I think.

·
Registered
644 Posts
so do you know what file format they are flashing into the ecu, is this basically the same complete flashing performed by the SCTflash devices? do you know what software spartan deisel is using to create your calibrations (that are placed on your SD card and flashed to your engine control computer)?

Thanks for any information.

·
Registered
213 Posts
so do you know what file format they are flashing into the ecu, is this basically the same complete flashing performed by the SCTflash devices? do you know what software spartan deisel is using to create your calibrations (that are placed on your SD card and flashed to your engine control computer)?

Thanks for any information.
Its basically t same procedure...the stock file is pulled and a new file is put in.

I dont know the actual software they are using though....but Matt (Spartan) has CLOSE ties to Ford I "think" his dad or something owns a dealership.

·
Registered
19 Posts
originally posted by Pahrump:

I "think" I can purchase the added license and also be able to monitor boost without even buying an aftermarket gauge...and I can also use the dashdaq to datalog my AFR using my Innovate LC-1
i purchased from innovate motorsports the LC-! bundle which is the dashdaq, LC-1 package, plus the innovate license for any other innovate products to be plug and play with the dashdaq. so a/f ratio is handled.

now about the boost...how can the dashdaq monitor boost without some type of sensor? are you saying that the obd II is going to be able to detect the boost my supercharger is making without a pressure sensor being installed? if this is true i would really like to know because this would be some kind of an unexpected added bonus.

·
Registered
213 Posts
It has to have a sensor to be able to read boost.

I am using the dashdaq to monitor many things...AFR, fuel pressure, duty cycles...trans temp...etc..etc...but as you said theres no sensor in the mustang to monitor boost...no map sensor...that sucks.

As I said above, I THINK, and then after getting the license and scanning for ALL signals I realized theres no signal for it...oh well, its still a super powerful tool that I currently use in 2 different vehicles

·
Registered
19 Posts
boost sensor

originally posted by Pahrump:

It has to have a sensor to be able to read boost.
yeah, i did notice that you included the word "think" in your post. i just posted over at the dashdaq forums to find out what type of cable i would need to connect a boost sensor into the dashdaq unit. shouldn't be a big deal. probably and off the shelf item from them. i'll also get the license for ford products. it's pretty amazing what that will provide in terms of information. more than i'll ever need or use i'd say. and it never hurts to know what is going on. then i can have some fun in the towncar too.

hey, wonder if i could hook the dashdaq up to the T-Model? HA! :rofl2:

1 - 20 of 42 Posts