Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
The BarTender
1,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My buddy has a set of 26x10.5 ET Streets I am going to be using for my car. On MT's website it suggests an 8" rim width. My questions are what rim width would work best with these tires? What type of rim would be suitable for my car with the stock studs? What backspacing do I need for proper fitment? I have a 02 GT live axle in my car.

Thanks in advance,
Razor.

·
Registered
385 Posts
A 15x8" rim would work best IMO. 5.5" BS.
a 15x10" would need a 6.5" BS

Darren

·
The BarTender
1,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
4V_GTS said:
A 15x8" rim would work best IMO. 5.5" BS.
a 15x10" would need a 6.5" BS

Darren
Thanks bro.;) I'm actually trying to figure out how to get around using extended axle studs now. There has got to be an offset or other type of wheels that will solve this issue. Any thoughts?

Razor.

·
The BarTender
1,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
4V_GTS said:
V6 rims come in 15" I think...

-Darren
Now that's an idea!:D Wonder what the width is though? I'll try and make a few calls on that tomarrow. Thanks man.

Razor.

·
Registered
385 Posts
No problem
If you go that route, check the local recycler or call MPS and see how much they want for 2 rims off a wrecked V6...

Darren

·
Registered
32 Posts
Ok let me help you on that one. Im 99% sure that the V6 rims are 6.5 for the old ones and 7 for the new ones. Not sure if that will help you any.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Wow, someone else posted a pic of my car!

The rims on the car are 15x7's I am running a 26x9.5x15 Hoosier Quick Time Pro on them.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Us hybrids gotta stick together:D
Do you think the 26x10.5x15s that he's getting from his buddy would be too wide? Do the 9.5s bulge alot on the 7" rim?

Darren

·
Registered
61 Posts
Its really not too bad with the 9.5, a 10.5 may be pushing it a little. It would work, but you are probably better off to go with a 8" or 9".

·
The BarTender
1,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the help guys. I need at least an 8" rim though.;)

Razor.

·
The BarTender
1,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
trplblacksnake said:
just hit me the new V6 rims are 8 and the old ones are 7.5
Well that may be the way I need to go then! Thanks for the info bro.

Razor.

·
Registered
32 Posts
a friend of mine is looking for a cheap set of 99-01 cobra rims for his v6. You help him there is a good bet that he can help you. Or check the V6 forum over at www.stangnet.com they might be able to help. Ill do some looking too.

·
The BarTender
1,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
trplblacksnake said:
a friend of mine is looking for a cheap set of 99-01 cobra rims for his v6. You help him there is a good bet that he can help you. Or check the V6 forum over at www.stangnet.com they might be able to help. Ill do some looking too.
Cool man thanks. I will see what I can find.

Razor.

·
The BarTender
1,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
VNMHISS said:
FWIW,I bought a used set of these http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?part=ARE-7675866 w/some 26x10.5x15" e.t. streets still on them off Calwyglfer. He was running them on his '98 Cobra w/'01 Cobra motor on the stock studs w/Superior 31 spline axles,without any modifications. They are not the lightest wheel,but are a cheap way to mount some e.t. streets.
I actually ran those same wheels with ET streets when I had my 99 R/T Dakota. It's amazing how it would dead hook even with the S/C on it.

Razor.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts