Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
3rd pull of the initial dyno run, all was going well until POP, one of the rocker arms came off the lifter. Started off well too. Untuned runs was netting 283 rwhp. So now, WTF! Shop is waiting to talk to Comp. Dont know about what, but it may be as suspected from the start of the problems, a bad cam. Sigh, can anyone say 2 months later?

·
Registered
227 Posts
hope you didnt break anything else...i had 4 rockers break, some valves and a piston break...but that was just a whole mess. but my car was on the road within 2 weeks.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
2 months later being how long the cars been gone to date. Did yours break during a race? I am sure as soon as he heard something they shut the car off immediately. Still waiting to hear from them what the problem is exactly and if theres damage.

·
Registered
227 Posts
stanggt00 said:
2 months later being how long the cars been gone to date. Did yours break during a race? I am sure as soon as he heard something they shut the car off immediately. Still waiting to hear from them what the problem is exactly and if theres damage.
yeah my car was down for a while, but it was getting a new shortblock among other things. the car was shut off immediately, but the damage was done.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I guess I am probably SCREWED. This whole project has been a black cloud since the start. What a waste of money. $4K+ and for what? A car note with no car, insurance payments on something I dont even have, and a broke dick car which I didnt even break.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts