Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The only Rollcage I have seen in our 03's so far is Nitrous Pete's. Does anyone else out there have one in there too?...any of the big guns , like JDM's car or Raymer's? I do have a couple pics of JDM's(convertible) car but dont have any of the interior and I even saw the car in person, I just didnt take the time to look inside..I was too busy looking at the engine bay and the rear wheel tire combo.

I havnt taken the plunge yet in getting one put in...I just wanted to see different setups. JDM's might be abit different since its a convertible. I need to know if I am going to need swingout bars to get in and out for a streetcar? And is that legal in NHRA? How much weight is this going to add to our already heavy car?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Hey Harry bring it down I will put a painted bar in, Same color as your car , Clear coat it and powder coat it lol
Dont wait, :shocked :cool:

·
Registered
82 Posts
Kenny Brown has some sort of roll bar for the 03 Not sure if is NHRA legal or not. They do not have anything for the vert yet but keep saying something is coming.

·
Registered
4,522 Posts
Harry: The KB 6 pt. street cages fit great. The side bars are down low, between the seat and the door sill. I've seen them in alot of cars around here since KB is within driving distance of here. Lots of guys drive there and get it installed..

They obviously can't compare to a total custom job, but for a kit, it fits great. Kinda pricey though. Someone with fabrication skills could make something better for the same cost..

BTW KB puts their street cage in their 2003 club racer, which is built off a 99 or 01 Cobra. Practically the same interior. The only problem I could see is the seats. The 03's may be wider at the bottom where the tube is run..

·
Registered
40 Posts
We should have our cage in within the next 3 weeks. It will be a 9 second legal set up. I will post some pics when it is completed.

jb

·
Registered
82 Posts
Will you have one for the convertable or are you just customizing one for yourself?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts