Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Richard Lelsz, in the third round of qualifying runs a MONSTER [email protected]!!! Congrats with that MIND BENDING run!!

Pete runs 6.42 in the 8th and bails on the pass.

I'll post more as I get it.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Damn. How far away can an 8 be? Amazing 4 months ago 10s were the equivalent of the "golden fleece." It's so outdated now..so will 9s in the next coming months. Such a treat to see these cars come so far in such a short amount of time. Good job to all down there.

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
Just Amazing...
Dumb Question??
Is that still with Sock 03Cobra Long Block??

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
That is sick. I love it.

I don’t suppose anybody can divulge what is done to his car.

·
Banned
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I was told that the car is 3400 LBS with driver. That's 400 lbs lighter than my car!! That's got a LOT to do with it for starters!

·
Registered
661 Posts
hammer,
i was right behind richard. his car left real hard. richards 60 foot was 1.36 and mine was 1.43. i lost 3rd gear...if the trans would have held up i believe i would have run 9.60's. trying to find a trans for tomorrow. might have to run the diesel truck instead
:)

·
Banned
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
nitrous pete said:
hammer,
i was right behind richard. his car left real hard. richards 60 foot was 1.36 and mine was 1.43. i lost 3rd gear...if the trans would have held up i believe i would have run 9.60's. trying to find a trans for tomorrow. might have to run the diesel truck instead
:)
Sounds like the "Big fish that got away" story to me, Pete.

GO LAY DOWN!

Just kidding, man. Hang in there, we all know what your car is capable of. Good luck to everyone at the event!!

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
HAMMER said:
Richard Lelsz, in the third round of qualifying runs a MONSTER [email protected]!!! Congrats with that MIND BENDING run!!

Pete runs 6.42 in the 8th and bails on the pass.

I'll post more as I get it.
Congrats Richard.
:D
Terminators rule!!:jawdrop

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
I think it was 115, and yes the car still has the untouched longblock, here is a little story he told me today and is a testiment to the stout bottom ends in these cars, he said that while testing the car he blew all 8 plugs out, not out of the hole but burnt them all up with detonation he said it was the worst detonation he has ever experienced, they got it back to the shop did a leakdown test everything checked ok, threw in a set of new Densos and the car hasnt missed a beat since, he said they made a mistake of having the wick turned way up on the blower and spraying the car to hard as well I think he said they forgot to pulley it down while spraying it harder, makes me feel good about my bottom end:)

·
Banned
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I was talking to a few guys that were at the event and there's nothing but praise for the Lensz camp.

Man, bigtime kuddos to those guys...they did us all DAMN PROUD and made a ton more people fear the Terminator!

I heard that lots of things were done to the car to reduce weight, etc. but all mods were as clean as could be and the car looks awesome. That's so great!

No smoke, no mirrors...just rock-solid racing. And, yes, it's still an 03 Cobra. Live axle, nitrous...so what?

GREAT JOB, GUYS!! Set the sites for 8's! We're all pulling for you.

What's the next event? I really wanna see this thing run.

Someone got a video of the run? I'd LOVE to see it!

·
Registered
191 Posts
Another impressive pass was made by the JDM crew today as they went 10.61 @ 131.2mph!!! :jawdrop :jawdrop :jawdrop

Also, there were two New Mach 1's running in the factory stock class, both on DR's & both tuned by PHP and They were NOT allowed to use the factory shaker function (had to tape up the opening). Both cars were running in the Low 12.2x's and both cars had turned 114 mph traps!!!! :shocked

·
Registered
309 Posts
You really need to give a thumbs up to the Lelsz camp for bringing the heat during qualifying. The 9.59 @ 143 was incredible. What was even more incredible was the 1.36 short time. Way to get out of the hole.

I was glad to see that the big guns were out and ready to rumble. I didn't like the fact that the track came down hard on them for improper safety equip. JDM was booted basically after the first pass. Lelsz was told another 9 sec. run and he would be out. Pete had the right idea on holding off to later, however didn't have the opportunity to go with it.

I was dissappointed in seeing that there were only 10 cars that even came out to compete. I know many of you were worried that you would get bumped going faster than 11.99. That really didn't seem to be the case. Only the big guns with 9 sec potential were under the microscope. Oh well, I hope there is a better turnout in Bowling Green. Glad to have met some of you.

·
Registered
244 Posts
I was down at the burn out boxes for the 3rd round qual for the 03's. All I have to say is the Richard Lelsz run was out right impressive and I was amazed. Pete's run sounded like a miss gear after the 1/8 with the c4 or maybe he just aborted ???

·
Night Trains Daddy
1,569 Posts
It was indeed a great weekend for 03's. To me the most impressive car was the JDM Vert. Not taking anything away from Strictly or Pete...but I like the T56, IRS, and Eaton still being in the car. Not that it matters just more impressive to me ;)

Trey- sorry we never meet up...I was running around all weekend.

Also some nice runs by J98gtblown...where in the world was that guy hiding in the pits...I couldn't find his car anywhere :banghead

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
I guess the JDM car was running Nitrous?

Someone said on one of the Lightning forums that he wasnt spraying it.

And according to the MM&FF article, JDM's cobra has already run in the mid 10s with no chip:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Congrats to all the fast ass Cobra owners and their new best ET's

JJ

1 - 20 of 21 Posts