Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Supercharged Roush and want to add nitrous to it around a 25-35 Wet shot to cool the air and add some power of course!

I had it tuned by Jerry at Fordchip and it is making around 390/400 at the wheels and want a little more.

Would it be safe to run a 25-35 Wet shot to cool the air or would I need race gas or reduces timing to be safe????

Let me know what you think.
I have a step cooler plug already and a A/F of 11/1-11.5/1 at 6500rpms. Should I add it and keep the A/F the same range or go richer for safty or......?

Thankx Joel

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Why not get a Flip Chip with your tune now, and a tune to use with the N2O???

What capacity are your injectors running at right now?

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dont know what the capicity is running at but do know I have excessive rail pressure since uppin to duel 255l in the tank!

I should have plenty with a small shot.

Do you think I should have to retard timing with a small shot?
Or should I just run a few gals of 100 octane in to be safe?

·
Registered
300 Posts
vetkilr said:
Dont know what the capicity is running at but do know I have excessive rail pressure since uppin to duel 255l in the tank!

I should have plenty with a small shot.

Do you think I should have to retard timing with a small shot?
Or should I just run a few gals of 100 octane in to be safe?
To be safe generally you back the timing up about 2 degrees for every 50hp with nitrous. But in your case with the blower you dont have to because the nitrous will actually act as an intercooler and lower the charge temp so you will be ok with a 50 shot.

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thankx man thats what I was wondering!

I thought it might be ok with my setup.
Im not going very high at all I hope:evil

Anyone else have a opinion:shocked

·
Registered
19 Posts
waste of time !

well I have a reply for you but you are not going to like it ! I see you live in Florida so do I . I work full time at Race Related in Clearwater. We have done a few roushs and it seems to me that they do not respond well to nitrous the tune they come with is almost not adjustable and we have had jerry (fordchip) at our shop several times I am not very impressed with his customer service skills ! Installing a nitrous kit properly requires a resonable amount of time and effort as well as experience it is just not worth it for 25-35 hp as well as the expense to yourself to purchase the kit!

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thankx
Are you the big guy that was installing a blower on a blue 5.0(94-95) a few weeks back before you went away to Ga for the weekend?

Did you guys try it on tramas car?
I have heard through the streets that his car has it on there and its working fine:confused:
Guess not!

Whats the problem with the Nitrous not working is it fuel pressure,timing..........???

Thankx

·
Registered
13 Posts
we have had jerry (fordchip) at our shop several times I am not very impressed with his customer service skills !
I'm the one that has setup the dyno sessions here in Tampa with Fordchip and Jerry has only been in your shop one time and couple at Ramsey's so I don't know where you got that he has been there few times and after we had to wait an hour for the shop to be open and then the mechanic that was there didn't even know how to run the dyno so we had to do everything from running the dyno, strapping the cars and Jerry tuning. Trust me we will never go back and you were saying about customer service skills? Give me a break.

Carlos

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
:jawdrop Was that a can of worms opening:evil

Let me know about why the nitrous didnt work pleazeeeeeee:D

·
Registered
19 Posts
scrousch

You miss understood what I said or maybe I just said it the wrong way I do think that jerry is a good tuner however it has been proven to me over and over again that his customer service does suck ! Iam sorry if you do not want to hear this but I am entitled to my opinion. And I was there for your dyno day and I choose not tobe involved in the operation of the dyno it does not mean I do not know how to operate it I choose not to ! I am an ase certified master technician and a ford certified senior master technician there is very little that I can not do ! There is a lot however that I choose not to do and operate the dyno is one of them . I have my own personal reasons for that. I do however agree that you are right and the shop should have been open but it wasnt things are being done differently here now and the shop is open everyday at 9 am on the dot. Now back to jerry since your mmna dyno 3 of the people in your club have been back with horror stories about trying to contact jerry and the finally giving up and going with different chips ! Iam not making this up read the forums any one of them everybody says the same thing . Now as far as you never coming back to my shop I really could care less if you do or dont Chris

·
Registered
19 Posts
vetkilr

Yeah that was me ! I thought your screenname sounded familiar . I am sorry that I do not remember your name . The whole truth is that the n20 never really worked right on tramas car the rumors you heard were incorrect it had nothing to do with fuel pressure that was fine For some reason the n20 just bogged his car down occasionally really bad some times it would be fine other times it would bog down really bad we thought we had a bad solonoid and after changing them all it would still happen we wanted to address a couple of issues with the pcm but rousch uses there own and right now there is no programmer or chip available to play with the timing or fuel via pcm we concuded that it is a timing issue as we were able to play with the iat sensor to get the pcm to advance the timing and got another 30 hp out of his car but still had a concern with the spray so we just tok it off of his car . We put it on my car and no problems it is perfect . unless you go with a timing adjuster there really is no way to adjust the timing on your car and since you are s/c you cant use a timing adjuster so you heve no way of taking timing out which is needed with spray we found that the rousch program is extremely lazy when it comes to timing I believe this was part of the problem ! Chris

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Chris I have a chip on my car and can control timing.
I guess it would have to be with a tuner that can take some timing out of it if I go this route????

New computer with chip installed!!!!!!:D

I thank you and will have James do more to my car when the time comes!!!

Has he done a new Aluminum plenum for tramas car yet?????

That is next on my list how about reminding him of that so I can get some more ponies!!!!:blob

·
Registered
19 Posts
vetkilr

We have not done anything further to tramas car yet he is out of town untill next week We are closed on mondays now but I will talk to james tommorrow and remind him for you . How long have you had your chip ? And have you had any problems with it ? I am just not down with the whole chip thing I really have seen more bad than good with chips and am a firm believer in reflashing the pcm.I guess it is just my ford dealership experience seeing all the problems they really do cause if they are not tuned correctly . I have made alot of money in my life reflashing pcms after they have been fried by chips. I have used the tweeker and it really is awesome I highly recommend this item . Chris

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Had the chip for a month or so!
Thought about reflashing and might next time,but I got the chip and havent had problems,now that I have the new pumps Im having excess fuel pressure and will have to have that addressed next tune!

I want James to make a intake plenum and if it makes power I will buy one ASAP!!!!!!

I want over 400rwhp and cant wait until it happens.

Im also thinking about you guys putting a auto in my car and getting rid of this 5sp.

I will have 550rwhp+ in a yr or so and dont want to have to shift this thing:evil

·
Registered
19 Posts
vetkilr

You will be the second well maybe third to know as soon as we make one I wil pm you. I agree on the auto swap it is fun to drive a 5 speed but I feel (and this is only my opinion so please no flaming here) that you can be more consistent with an auto and you will cut better lights ! The down side of this as you well know is that autos are usually a little slower so you need to make more power to beat a 5 speed car . Chris

·
Registered
13 Posts
You miss understood what I said or maybe I just said it the wrong way I do think that jerry is a good tuner however it has been proven to me over and over again that his customer service does suck ! Iam sorry if you do not want to hear this but I am entitled to my opinion. And I was there for your dyno day and I choose not tobe involved in the operation of the dyno it does not mean I do not know how to operate it I choose not to ! I am an ase certified master technician and a ford certified senior master technician there is very little that I can not do ! There is a lot however that I choose not to do and operate the dyno is one of them . I have my own personal reasons for that. I do however agree that you are right and the shop should have been open but it wasnt things are being done differently here now and the shop is open everyday at 9 am on the dot. Now back to jerry since your mmna dyno 3 of the people in your club have been back with horror stories about trying to contact jerry and the finally giving up and going with different chips ! Iam not making this up read the forums any one of them everybody says the same thing . Now as far as you never coming back to my shop I really could care less if you do or dont Chris
Hey Chris you know who I'm and this is not the place to argue about this, but when you come on here and make statements like the one above "jerry (fordchip) at our shop several times" when you know he is only been there one time and about MMNA this dyno tuning session had nothing to do with the Club. I only knew of one person having problem with the chip since he is a friend of mine and the chip was taken care of. Hopefully the shop reputation will get better since you said things are better.

Carlos

·
Registered
19 Posts
not a problem I wont Chris

1 - 20 of 25 Posts