Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After reading all the post about Royal Purple and Red Line trans fluid, I can't deside which is the better brand.

I could use some advice.

Thanks,

Vince

·
Registered
521 Posts
Just swapped to Redline D4 today. Very smooth!

·
Registered
63 Posts
According to Cobra'03, Royal Purple is a blend and not a pure synthetic like RedLine. If I've misquoted, please forgive me.

I like the RedLine products.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Red Line!

Nothing against Royal Purple....I actually had some ready to go in the first warm day I had. After reading information from Cobra'03, and talking with Royal Purple, I returned it, and bought the Red Line D4 ATF.

·
Registered
721 Posts
What about Mobil 1 Synthetic ATF? I bought 5 quarts and was planning on changing my tranny fluid tonight after work.

U.M.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Uncle Meat said:
What about Mobil 1 Synthetic ATF? I bought 5 quarts and was planning on changing my tranny fluid tonight after work.

U.M.
Sorry :confused: I've heard good stuff about it, but I have no experience with it firsthand.

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
Uncle Meat said:

U.M.
I wouldn't do it. I generally try to stay away from any products they sell at Pep Boys or Discount Auto Parts. Another guy changed his and said it didn't do anything.

I am going to use Red Line D4 tonight.

·
Registered
721 Posts
toofast4u said:
I wouldn't do it. I generally try to stay away from any products they sell at Pep Boys or Discount Auto Parts. Another guy changed his and said it didn't do anything.

I am going to use Red Line D4 tonight.
I've heard nothing bad about using the Mobil 1 ATF in the T-56 thus far. I have had a lot of folks suggest I use the Red Line instead. Since I already have the Mobil 1 I'm going to give it a try and see if there is any improvement over the stock fill.

As far as your statement about staying away from products sold at Pep Boys or Discount Auto Parts, you're being a little sarcastic right? What's the difference between a K&N filter purchased from Pep Boys versus one acquired elsewhere?

U.M.

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
Uncle Meat said:
I've heard nothing bad about using the Mobil 1 ATF in the T-56 thus far. I have had a lot of folks suggest I use the Red Line instead. Since I already have the Mobil 1 I'm going to give it a try and see if there is any improvement over the stock fill.

As far as your statement about staying away from products sold at Pep Boys or Discount Auto Parts, you're being a little sarcastic right? What's the difference between a K&N filter purchased from Pep Boys versus one acquired elsewhere?

U.M.
Some of the stuff like K&N is fine. Just the majority of the stuff they sell is really crap IMO. Hell they all have cherry bomb mufflers. They usually only sell cheap stuff because cheap stuff sells easy I prefer quality stuff.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
I put mobil one in my trans and it didn't do shit. I don't think any of these fluids would make a big differance when you are talking about feel or noise suppression. I do think that it will help the transmissions life though. Have fun trying:D

·
Registered
38 Posts
John H said:
According to Cobra'03, Royal Purple is a blend and not a pure synthetic like RedLine. If I've misquoted, please forgive me.

I like the RedLine products.
I did not say that.

Their regular motor oil is a fortified mineral oil.
Their race oil is a PAO-based synoil.

I do not know what there tranny fluid is - they are very hush-hush so i cannot recommend it.

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
Cobra'03 said:
I did not say that.

Their regular motor oil is a fortified mineral oil.
Their race oil is a PAO-based synoil.

I do not know what there tranny fluid is - they are very hush-hush so i cannot recommend it.
Hey Cobra'03 glade to see you came. I have tried to find your posts and this is what I have as your recommendations so far.

Trans Fluid-Redline MTL or D4 in colder climits
Motor Oil-Amsoil Series 2000 0w-30
Oil Filter-Amsoil GF326

Basically I was talking with some guys today and our opinion is if it has to do with fluids you say it we do it. I know you have done this before in several posts, but can you please just give us a run down of the products you recommend, or if you feel more comfortable plan to use in your car. If it sounds fishy we will check it out of course.:D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts