Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A little birdie told me that some 9-second vendor around here has an exclusive on a new Kooks header design that is superior to anything out yet.

Not sure if it's true or not and sorry if I let the cat out of the bag, Pete.

Can you confirm? PM me if I should shut up.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Man should I call you shark tooth ?
Yes Kooks has made a new header for me , Its a step header. and its for 550+ ,hp 03 cobras, I must say that the 1 5/8 long tube is also super for the 500hp cars, Remember everything has its own combo. Certain size header for specific hp cars and boost . My goal is to keep the low end tq. I have sold several sets of the 1 5/8 , And will continve to sell them as they work super . Just the hi hp cars will do better with a step header.
I will post these headers soon, as they are still in the works, there will be only 2 vendors pjs and UPR, The stocking wearhouse will be JDM. call pjs for details nitro

Hey Hammer., ., ., ., . Seek and ye shall find the combo.
I DID !!!
bring it dont sing it . :shocked

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
Mako said:
Quick question, Ive never heard of a step header before, can you explain what that is?
A step header increases in diameter as it flows away from the head instead of staying a constant diameter the whole way out.

i.e........1-1/2" primary to 1-5/8" secondary then into a 3" collector.

--Joe

·
Registered
661 Posts
I found on the hi hp cars the step header gives a little more tq.
The 1 5/8 work super on the 400-500hp cars , Object is to keep tq
peace nitro

·
Registered
207 Posts
soap said:
A step header increases in diameter as it flows away from the head instead of staying a constant diameter the whole way out.

i.e........1-1/2" primary to 1-5/8" secondary then into a 3" collector.

--Joe
The Stepped Design has nothing to do with collector size...It only refers to the size of the primary tubes at the head and then what size the tubes increase in diameter too....1 5/8" headers are too small in my opinion for cars making over 550rwhp....The min I would go would be 1 3/4" to a 1 7/8" header or a 1 7/8" to a 2" design...FYI...Kooks will custom make you any header you like, stepped, and collector size...

Jeff

·
Registered
661 Posts
Well I dont use those sizes, But all my headers are tested , and work. they handle 800hp no problem. I have headers for 500hp ,400hp . Why guess I have tested them already, with all my combos.
Nitro

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
BlackCobra99Va said:
The Stepped Design has nothing to do with collector size...It only refers to the size of the primary tubes at the head and then what size the tubes increase in diameter too.
I should have been more clear...........I was just giving a size for the collector not saying it was part of the stepped design..........thanks for clearifying.

--Joe

1 - 10 of 10 Posts