Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well the basic warranty has expired and wondering if I should stay with the motorcraft 5w20 oil or go to another brand/type. I made a few trips to the track the last three years and will occasionally do so again. I'm thinking I might need to go to a better performing brand of oil.

Any suggestions?

Or, should stay with the 5w20 motorcraft.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I run mobil 1. used to run royal purple but the cost is a killer

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
you do not say if you are running synthetic oil. redline, royal purple, mobil 1, or ford full synthetic.
i was using mobil 1 and went to ford full synthetic. it is all according to how much your wallet can handle.

·
Registered
437 Posts
As stated above, depends on how much you are willing to spend now . I use Amsoil 0w-30 in mine and the 04 GT of my sons.

·
Registered
859 Posts
Mobil 1 Full Synthetic, every car, every oil change!

·
Registered
929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was considering Castrol full synthetic and RP. The Stores down here have a package deal, Castrol full syn and K/N filter for $ 24.99. I understand RP, once you go to it you can't go back to other types. no go back card. However my oldest brother(master mech who uses mobil 1) and others I goof off at the track with swear by RP. Pep Boys have a RP package for 49.99 for 5 qts and RP filter. Since I run the piss out of this car, which is a garage queen, RP might be the ticket.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Oil

Damn good oil: Mobil 1 or Pennzoil Platinum. The best: AMSOIL

·
Registered
11 Posts
I use RP because its manufactured about 30 miles from where I live and have had a very good experience with it. In addition to that I have never heard anyone say that they had a problem with it. But honestly I thing you probably will not go wrong with Mobile 1, RP or Amzoil. If your interested in the RP go to the their website they have an interesting video you can view.

An interesting fact about Amzoil is the Texas Highway Patrol uses it and they only change their oil every 20k miles and I know they drive their cars hard but they trade them in every 100k miles.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts