Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone purchased the screamin demon coil pack? If so is it worth it? I am thinking of saving up to get it if its worth the money. I have a 97 GT I am thinking of putting them on.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I just installed a set of MSD packs and wires to replace the crappy Accel units. I doubt a stock setup will benefit from an aftermarket ignition setup but they look great and took care of the "dropout" I was having. The MSD wires seem to be very well madel.

-Scott

FrankenCougie's Lair

·
Registered
100 Posts
Just wanting to revisit this subject. I am thinking of getting them and was wondering about plug wires (do I really have to use the Live Wires or are there others that will hold up?) and what about the spark plug considerations? (I am using Autolite Platinums right now). I know they talk about gapping them out quite a bit...educate me if you have experience here please.

·
Registered
6 Posts
i have installed the firepower kit a couple of weeks ago. the stang has a better response and runs smoother. install was okay except for gapping the plugs. #3 & 4 plugs are a pita to remove. the billet wire looms do not use the stock mounts, so the wires just lay on top of the valve covers. the kit should have came with electrical grease, but it looks nice.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts