Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm changing my complete setup. I have the BA-3000 now and wondering if changing to the JLT 110 is worth the money spent per HP gained.
Blower is a 2.2 just rebuilt.
New MPH inlet with JLT RAI.
Engine Teksid .20 over 8.6:1
LM stage 3 heads w/comp cams stage 2
Mac 1 5/8 long tubes
Blower was making 19lbs on stock engine with manifolds.
Should be done within the next 5 weeks.

Thanks
Dan

·
Registered
758 Posts
BA-3000 / JLT-110 maf

The BA-3000 uses a 90mm maf housing !!! With your HP level, the 110 maf housing will be better !!! You will need a BA5000 and a adapter also !!!

·
Registered
5,800 Posts
Yes the JLT 110mm with flow more and be less of a restriction.

What do you mean he will need a BA5000 and adapter? All he needs is the JLT 110mm and the MAFia. Plug and play. Thats what I am running and love it.

·
Registered
889 Posts
yes The Jlt 110mm With Flow More And Be Less Of A Restriction.

What Do You Mean He Will Need A Ba5000 And Adapter? All He Needs Is The Jlt 110mm And The Mafia. Plug And Play. Thats What I Am Running And Love It.
The Ba-5000 Is Just Like The Old Ba-2800 . I Too Vote For The Jlt Housing And Ba-5000. Since It Is Like The Old Ba-2800 You Will Probably Not Need The Mafia. If You Use The Sensor In The Stock Jlt Will Need The Mafia To Stretch The Stock Maf Electronics. Either Way The 110mm Works Great.

·
Registered
5,800 Posts
The Ba-5000 Is Just Like The Old Ba-2800 . I Too Vote For The Jlt Housing And Ba-5000. Since It Is Like The Old Ba-2800 You Will Probably Not Need The Mafia. If You Use The Sensor In The Stock Jlt Will Need The Mafia To Stretch The Stock Maf Electronics. Either Way The 110mm Works Great.
Correct me if I am wrong but if you do it that way you are looking at spending $600. You do the MAFia and JLT 110mm its $299.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
The BA-3000 uses a 90mm maf housing !!! With your HP level, the 110 maf housing will be better !!! You will need a BA5000 and a adapter also !!!
ba3000 is 95mm housing. Once SCT switched from the 90mm plastic they had manufacture make em 95mm.

Its hard to say how much hp "could" be gained from 95 mm to 110mm. Its roughly 1/4 bigger ID. At your power level it hasnt been proven the 95mm is a restriction, its more so the inlet. But you will have that covered with the MPH piece. Easiest way to tell is plumb a pressure sensor at the maf during pulls to see if it draws vacuum. If not, there is no restriction.

·
Registered
889 Posts
Correct me if I am wrong but if you do it that way you are looking at spending $600. You do the MAFia and JLT 110mm its $299.
I DISAGREE, IT IS ONLY $10 FOR 4.5 INCH ALUMINUM TUBE, $5 FOR ALUMINUM PEICE, AND $25 TO WELD, $230 FOR THE BA-5000, ALITTLE TIME. HERES SOME PICS.

HERE IS A HINT ON DOING IT YOURSELF FOR CHEAP

GET THE IDEA??????

·
Registered
5,237 Posts
Why not just run the GT-500 sensor in the JLT 110 housing, plenty of us doing that now.

·
Registered
889 Posts
I Am Not Saying The Gt-500 Sensor Is Bad. However You Do Have To Run A Mafia. Jlt 110mm Maf Plus Gt-500 Sensor Plus Mafia=$450, 299 Jlt+sensor And 150 Mafia Upgrade. This Is Just An Alternative. My Way Housing $40 And $230 For Ba-5000 And No Mafia. So $270 Total And You Get Better Electronics (ba-5000 Over Stock Gt-500 Maf, Which You Need To Stretch With A Mafia, Again Not A Bad Thing But Cost More.) Remember You Can Put A Stock Gt-500 Maf In My Aluminum Housing Idea. It Still Is Cheaper Buy A Long Shot. Just Wanted To Give An Alternative Way Of Doing His Car.

·
Registered
5,237 Posts
I Am Not Saying The Gt-500 Sensor Is Bad. However You Do Have To Run A Mafia. Jlt 110mm Maf Plus Gt-500 Sensor Plus Mafia=$450, 299 Jlt+sensor And 150 Mafia Upgrade. This Is Just An Alternative. My Way Housing $40 And $230 For Ba-5000 And No Mafia. So $270 Total And You Get Better Electronics (ba-5000 Over Stock Gt-500 Maf, Which You Need To Stretch With A Mafia, Again Not A Bad Thing But Cost More.) Remember You Can Put A Stock Gt-500 Maf In My Aluminum Housing Idea. It Still Is Cheaper Buy A Long Shot. Just Wanted To Give An Alternative Way Of Doing His Car.
I thought you were saying to run a JLT 110mm MAF, but put a BA-5000 sensor in it for greater range.

Your way is totally cheaper hands down.

·
Registered
889 Posts
My Opinion Is The Ba-5000 Is Better Than A Gt-500 Sensor And Mafia, Price Wise And Finer Adjustments Can Be Made. Not That This Negates The Other People Running It. Just Is Alittle More Crisp And More Refine. One Can Buy The Jlt Housing And Ask Them To Put The Ba-5000 In It Too. Just My 2 Pennies

·
Registered
5,237 Posts
My Opinion Is The Ba-5000 Is Better Than A Gt-500 Sensor And Mafia, Price Wise And Finer Adjustments Can Be Made. Not That This Negates The Other People Running It. Just Is Alittle More Crisp And More Refine. One Can Buy The Jlt Housing And Ask Them To Put The Ba-5000 In It Too. Just My 2 Pennies
But how much finer can you go down for MAF counts at idle with the BA5000?

Couldn't people do what you have done with a larger housing and use their existing BA2400 meters with a MAFia for extra range as well? Now that should be cheaper yet.

·
Registered
5,800 Posts
I thought you were saying to run a JLT 110mm MAF, but put a BA-5000 sensor in it for greater range.

Your way is totally cheaper hands down.
See thats what I thought he was saying. I bought my JLT 110mm brand new WITH MAFIA for $225 from Lethal. I guess its gone up. Do they no longer include the MAFia?

So here is my question. I have both a BA2400 and a JLT 110mm. Would I be better off taking the electronics from the BA2400 and putting it in the JLT 110mm or are the GT500 electronics good enough?

·
Registered
5,237 Posts
See thats what I thought he was saying. I bought my JLT 110mm brand new WITH MAFIA for $225 from Lethal. I guess its gone up. Do they no longer include the MAFia?

So here is my question. I have both a BA2400 and a JLT 110mm. Would I be better off taking the electronics from the BA2400 and putting it in the JLT 110mm or are the GT500 electronics good enough?
My GT 500 stuff is working just fine.

·
Registered
889 Posts

·
Registered
5,800 Posts
Dang that sucks it went up in price and they no longer sell them combined. I was not saying you were wrong I was just asking a question did not know what was best for me but Skyler is doing fine so I will keep my GT500 electronics.

I paid $225 for all this straight from Matt at Lethal Performance (Was 2 years ago the first day they went on sale maybe he messed up price):

·
Registered
889 Posts
dang That Sucks It Went Up In Price And They No Longer Sell Them Combined. I Was Not Saying You Were Wrong I Was Just Asking A Question Did Not Know What Was Best For Me But Skyler Is Doing Fine So I Will Keep My Gt500 Electronics.

I Paid $225 For All This Straight From Matt At Lethal Performance (was 2 Years Ago The First Day They Went On Sale Maybe He Messed Up Price):
One Word "sweet" Price

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
One Word "sweet" Price
Are you running that BA5000 in the 4.5" pipe? Did you run into any tuning issues? From the looks of it SCT only offers a MAF transfer table for that meter up to a 4" tube so it look like the transfer table is going to have to completely redone for a 4.5" tube.

·
Registered
8,192 Posts
THE BA-5000 HAS THE SAME START UP TUNING FILE AS THE BA-2800. AGAIN, I AM NOT SAYING THE STOCK GT-500 MAF IS BAD.
You mean BA3000 and BA2800 have the same basic starting MAF transfer. :bigwink:

Also, the BA5000 IS the PMAS HPX sensor, and if you look around you can find the HPX cheaper than the BA5000.

Also, careful on homemade MAF tubes. There can be all sorts of issues if one doesn't take the time to smooth the edges on the entrance and exit, as well as where the MAF flange mounts.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
I DISAGREE, IT IS ONLY $10 FOR 4.5 INCH ALUMINUM TUBE, $5 FOR ALUMINUM PEICE, AND $25 TO WELD, $230 FOR THE BA-5000, ALITTLE TIME. HERES SOME PICS.

HERE IS A HINT ON DOING IT YOURSELF FOR CHEAP

GET THE IDEA??????
that's what I'm running. who tuned the maf transfer table for you?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts