Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Snake Bitten Moderator
1,625 Posts
FWIW
EVERY shop has skeletons in there closet or have made some mistakes. knowone is perfect by any means.
times are tough for EVERYONE right now.
i have never personally EVER have ANY problems with Sean or his work and i have known him personally for about 5 years and have used him, his knowledge, and his parts over the years with no problems. i have also learned alot from Sean over the years.

sorry to all, i just have too much respect for the guy to see so much bashing about him.

just a friendly rebuttle.... i'm not here to debate or argue

Rob

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
FWIW
EVERY shop has skeletons in there closet or have made some mistakes. knowone is perfect by any means.
i have never personally EVER have ANY problems with Sean or his work and i have known him personally for about 5 years and have used him, his knowledge, and his parts over the years with no problems. i have also learned alot from Sean over the years.

sorry to all, i just have too much respect for the guy to see so much bashing about him.

Rob
Rob, that's cool. Good to see a positive response. Mistakes are going to happen of course, it's the fix that counts.
Times being tough means what? Somewthing to do with prices? Charge whatever the market will bear is all. I for one could no longer trust but he doesn't need my paltry spending anyways, though I may buy his book. Peace, mark

·
Registered
59 Posts
If you deal with a company 10 times, and 9 of those were positive, but 1 was negative, most people remember the negative experience. Just the way it is.

I have the Modular Engine book, very good reference material.

SHM has one of the most comprehensive parts inventories for modular mustangs around. A company like his can't be run at a 10-20 % mark-up, like some of the discount houses. You have to have been a business owner to fully understand the level of overhead involved.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I called SHM when I was looking to buy my motor. I was told that he had a built and fully dressed long block ready to go... It was exactly what I wanted except it wasn't a stroker... He quoted 500 dollars more than a fully dressed and built stroker long block that was listed on his website... I asked him about that and he said the website price for the stroker was for a newly built block... I said ok I'll take that... Then he quoted me 700 over the website price... I just don't undersrtand that at all...

·
Snake Bitten Moderator
1,625 Posts
I called SHM when I was looking to buy my motor. I was told that he had a built and fully dressed long block ready to go... It was exactly what I wanted except it wasn't a stroker... He quoted 500 dollars more than a fully dressed and built stroker long block that was listed on his website... I asked him about that and he said the website price for the stroker was for a newly built block... I said ok I'll take that... Then he quoted me 700 over the website price... I just don't undersrtand that at all...
i remember you tellin me that..... that was messed up brotha, i agree

did he tell you what the extra cost was for? like maybe extra freight or something to ship out to Guam....

·
Registered
115 Posts
i remember you tellin me that..... that was messed up brotha, i agree

did he tell you what the extra cost was for? like maybe extra freight or something to ship out to Guam....
Nope, cause price was plus shipping he said... I don't make ita habitof being a dick to folks, and I hadn't given him my business yet so I just said screw and I stuck with... well you know who... haha...

·
Registered
6 Posts
I just saw this thread about SHM. Last year '07 in october i ordered rod and main bearings and some misc items. I never saw them for two weeks. My card had been charged. So i called and the lady said she would see whats going on and call me back. Well this happened two or three times, so i started sending email as well. Then they claimed i never placed my order even tho my card had been charged. I Finally gave up after 2-3 months and never received my parts or my money back.

·
1,411 Posts
It took 3.5 weeks to get my Bassani exhaust from them back in 2004. I was told it was in stock and it would ship within 2 days. I waited 2 weeks, then called, then had to call the distribution plant they used and finally got it overnighted b/c of the wait.

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
May SHM be cursed on to the 5th generation for all his dishonest practices. I have my own horror story with that worthless POS. Great looking website. Too bad its all smoke and mirrors at teh end of the day.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I understand that others have been ripped off by SHM as I have. My understanding is also that most are not doing anything about it because of the hassle of him being in canada. I have contacted an attorney about filing a class action law suit against him. My attorney recommended that I try to gather information from others that have had problems with him. Please PM me your name, a phone number to reach you at, and what is owed to you. There is no guarantee that this will go to court but we are trying to speed up the process if is does.
Anyone ever track down Sean Hyland? He stole my custom supersnake, sold it and still owes me 120k on it. Kevin cell 289-6973930. Will buy valid info for Sean Hyland.

·
Registered
2 Posts
FWIW

Anyone ever track down Sean Hyland? He stole my custom supersnake, sold it and still owes me 120k on it. Kevin cell 289-6973930. Will buy valid info for Sean Hyland.

Rob

21 - 36 of 36 Posts