Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Fellow SVT Brothers and Sisters,

I was hoping to get some feedback on a problem I've been having. Last week, the Service Engine Soon light came on for some unknown reason. I had a buddy of mine plug into the computer and this was the code that we received:

P0153 Heated o2 sensor to bank 1: Circuit Slow response

We reset the sensor and shut the "service engine soon" light off. Drove it most of the day and it did not come back on.

Some have told be its an exhaust leak. Possibly from the Bassani X-pipe. What do you guys think? Send it to the dealer? Or just wait?

Thanks for your help,

PC

·
Snake Charmer
2,830 Posts
I can just about gaurantee you this is an exhaust leak. I made a pretty lengthy response to your post on the SVT forum. It could also be a vacuum leak, but I would start looking over the exhaust. I just had the same problem myself and it was a leak on the front side of the drivers side cat, near the engine. I have dynomax 3" wide band clamps on the way which I hope will seal it up, if not I will get them welded on.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm going to take your advise. I'll put her on a lift this week to look at those o2 sensors. Thanks for your help.

PC

·
Snake Charmer
2,830 Posts
Since these cars are so new I dont think its actually the 02's themselves but check the wiring anyway and make sure it didnt get burnt through or anything. Have the car running and at idle move your hand around all the clamped joints in the exhaust system, it will be very obvious if there is a leak.

·
Pushrod Dinosaur
1,006 Posts
i've pulled that code before and a new o2 sensor fixed the prob. Swap the o2's and see if the code changes to the other side. Or if the rear sensors are turned off via chip then use one of those to swap it with.

gary

·
Registered
165 Posts
Gary,
Think I might have the same problem...

What was the part number for the sensor? How much and where did you get it?

Thanks!
Pete

·
Pushrod Dinosaur
1,006 Posts
P3Pete said:
Gary,

What was the part number for the sensor?

Just pull the offending sensor and used the number stamped on the side to give to the parts dude. Make sure you try swapping them to make sure that is the problem.

How much and where did you get it?

I get OEM parts like that from a couple different on-line sources. www.fordpartsonline.com is a good one. Gary is the guy i deal with. He'll hook you up with pretty good prices.

Thanks!
Pete

·
Snake Charmer
2,830 Posts
P3Pete said:
Gary,

What was the part number for the sensor? How much and where did you get it?

Thanks!
Pete
Not all the sensors are the same, I beleive the upstream are different than downstream and also one side to the other is different as well on either the upstream or downstream, cant remember which. In my case I did have an exhaust leak but it also turned out I had a bad O2 as well on upstream drivers side so I just bought a new on, was $80.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts