Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a problem and need to speak to the resident expert(s). I have a moded '03. I just finished moding for now, got the car running right, and I am getting the SES light. I got my hands on a Mac tool OBDII scanner and it said "No Definition". So I cleared it. The light came back on about 45 miles later. What do you think?

Mods: Accufab TB, Amazon Diablo sport chip, 6# lower pulley, JDM open CAI, Bassani "X" with cats and a Mac cat back. Most recent change was the Accufab T/B. The light had not come on until after that change, how this could be a coincidence.

I was thinking o2 sensors, but I have seen an actual code on the scanner for when that fails. Could my cats be the issue? There is not much to the T/B install. I have checked all the plugs connections several times.

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
My guess would be 02 Sensor,,but you should get the proper code..Sure you have the right scanning tool?

jim v.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Could be the T/B install. I had a 1507 code set because of improper TPS voltage. Set an IAC under/over speed code--idle was hanging. Hope this helps, Rob

·
Registered
459 Posts
I had the IAC under/over speed code and the idle was hanging after I installed my Billetflow TB. Doug reworked it and the idle hang went away immediately AND the Check Engine Light turned itself off after about 8 days of driving the car proving the IAC under/over speed code was set by the original (unimproved) Billetflow and corrected by Doug's fix.

Does your idle hang more w/ the new throttle body like when you come to a stop etc vs stock? If you get an updated Billetflow the thing will run exactly like stock and the idle will not hang when the car comes to a rest.

Jerry

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have no hanging idle. I come to a stop, and it comes down to 750. Maybe not as fast as stock, but it drop down just the same. No hang.

I reset everything again, disconnected the battery for 10 min. Started it up, and the light poped back up in 20 miles.

·
400 Posts
You really need somebody with a NGS tool to check it. But in the meantime check your tps and make sure it's at .98 volts at idle. What was the last mod you did before the light came on? Your back o2 sensors are turned off in my chip. If it's controlling the a/f correctly at idle and cruise o2s should be ok.

Rick

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Rick,
I sent you an email.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts