Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My SES light is coming on after I had my LTs installed. It went 100miles after the install before it came on. I've disconnect the battery a few times to clear it. It seems to come on if I get on it within 5mins or so of driving it. If I wait longer and then get on it. I don't get the SES light. I haven't pulled the codes yet. But does anyone know what this could be?
Thanks.

·
Registered
108 Posts
many...

...you need to pull some codes...could be O2's sensors(did you use extensions or cut and splice the wires?)...also could be the preasure feed-back for the EGR, did re-connect the two small hoses going to the PFE sensor ? (2 different size hoses)... any exhaust leaks ? does the car run fine wth the MIL on ? what year car ? what other mods ?

Randy Stinchcomb

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Randy,

The wires were spliced and connections put on the ends. I don't hear any exhaust leaks. I did find the the wires for the drivers side o2 was hanging down on the header and melted the heat shrink, I zipped tied it up, Hopefully that's what it was. It seems to run alittle richer after the lights been on for a while. Mod's are in my sig. Thanks for your help

·
Registered
138 Posts
pull the codes prbably need Mils mine did the same thing but it came on after about 50 miles so you might have another problem

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I pulled the codes today they are P0133 and P0153 O2s slow bank read or something like that. Does anyone know how I can get rid of them. Thanks.

·
Registered
138 Posts
how did you splice those with connector's if so that might be your problem they need to be soldered the PCM is very picky about the amount of current going through there

·
Registered
692 Posts
What MIL Eliminators are you using. The plug and play onnes are known to go bad. Also Long Tubes will make a 99+ Stang run richer than normal.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Their PEP Mils. The codes are actually for the front o2s. Im going to pull them out tonight and clean them and see if that helps.

·
Registered
24 Posts
i just put long tubes & a pro chamber on a month ago. im throwing a P0153= o2 sensor bank 2 #1 slow respoonding. my car is running like a honda! im getting new bank 1 & 2 #1 sensors this week but with longer factory extension to eliminate the home made extensions. ill let you know if it works. no matter what you still kind of need a tune. ive heard several say it runs to rich with no cats and long tubes. funny thing is my guy said long tubes dont run rich cause they eat fuel. so who knows.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Did you ever find out exactly what was causing your P0133?

I have an 03 GT with LT headers and I'm getting the same code, but only if I drive off without letting it warm up all the way...
I am using BBK O2 extentions and I've had the car custom-tuned...

DERJ

·
Registered
379 Posts
I don't even have longtubes and I am receiving P0153. I never did find way to fix it. If anyone was able to correct the problem, please post up.

·
Registered
313 Posts
From what I have heard is long tube headers have the 02 father down stream than stock so it take longer for them the heat up. So if you get up on it before getting to normal operating temperature, some cars will throw codes.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts