Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On a return style setup ive seen some guys go from the pump to a y that feeds both rails and then both rails to the regulator

then ive seen some guys go directly from the pump to the rail then to the other rail then to the regulator

which setup is recommended thanks.

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Mine feeds both rails. The theory is you want both rails to have equal pressure. If you feed one rail then flow to the other, the first rail may create a pressure drop(may only be small) and the second rail will see less pressure than the first. If you feed both rails and exit to a Y to the regulator, each rail will have the same pressure.

·
Registered
889 Posts
Mine feeds both rails. The theory is you want both rails to have equal pressure. If you feed one rail then flow to the other, the first rail may create a pressure drop(may only be small) and the second rail will see less pressure than the first. If you feed both rails and exit to a Y to the regulator, each rail will have the same pressure.
"If you feed one rail then flow to the other, the first rail may create a pressure drop(may only be small) and the second rail will see less pressure than the first."

ACTUALLY IT IS IN REVERSE. THE SECOND RAIL HAS THE PRESSURE BECAUSE OF THE REGULATOR BEING BEHIND IT AND REGUALTING THE PRESSURE DO IT BACKS UP. THE FIRST RAIL IS THE LEANER SIDE. THIS ONLY HAPPENS WHEN THERE IS NOT ENOUGH PUMP. IF THERE IS ENOUGH PUMP THEN THIS IS VERY VERY MINUTE. I AGREE IF YOU CAN "Y" IT IS BETTER, JUST MY 2 PENNIES.:dunno2:

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
"If you feed one rail then flow to the other, the first rail may create a pressure drop(may only be small) and the second rail will see less pressure than the first."

ACTUALLY IT IS IN REVERSE. THE SECOND RAIL HAS THE PRESSURE BECAUSE OF THE REGULATOR BEING BEHIND IT AND REGUALTING THE PRESSURE DO IT BACKS UP. THE FIRST RAIL IS THE LEANER SIDE. THIS ONLY HAPPENS WHEN THERE IS NOT ENOUGH PUMP. IF THERE IS ENOUGH PUMP THEN THIS IS VERY VERY MINUTE. I AGREE IF YOU CAN "Y" IT IS BETTER, JUST MY 2 PENNIES.:dunno2:
Oh didn't even think of it that way. I was thiniking in terms of flow, the first rail is pulling fuel out of the flow leaving less fuel exiting. But your explanation makes sense. But I agree if you have enough pump this pressure difference would be very small. either way I think Y is better and looks cleaner.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts