Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Besides enhancing the Mustang's already impressive stance/look....Does this shaker hood really do much of anything besides becoming a piece for conversation?? Between a Magnaflow X Pipe and the Shaker hood as my next investment...Just trying to get some "#'s" together along with any/all opinions...Thanks..Jay

Attachments

·
Registered
90 Posts
go with the x-pipe all the way.

http://www.vetteguru.com/ramair/

that explains why the shaker hood scoop is a waste of money. You could buy a cat-back and an x-pipe for the same amount as a shaker setup. I would do gears and maybe an x-pipe or a cat-back. I don't have new gears, but I've heard amazing things about them!

Hope that helps!

·
Registered
131 Posts
exaust or gears... i went from 3.27 to 3.73's and went from 14.7 to 14.078 . gotta use 4th gear in the quarter but time was still droped

·
Registered
100 Posts
The shaker hood scoop, like many wanna-be-successful ram air type setups is bunk because it sets too low in the path of the airflow...it wont pick up enough to make a difference. Ram air and low profile hood scoops that are on the aftermarket are worthless because of their inherit design flaws (read:if you dont put the scoop in a high pressure area, it doesn't gather efficiently). Gears, rear control arms, and exhaust. More bang for your buck.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I'd get gears before an x-pipe.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Definitely gears first. You would be well advised to look into stickier tires and control arms to get the most out of them though.

·
Registered
47 Posts
LodBot said:
I'd get gears before an x-pipe.
Yep, definitely gears.

But the X-pipe is also a must ... more hp, and you'll like the sound :cool:.

From posts I've read elsewhere, it seems that the Mach I guys think they've got exclusive rights to the shaker hood :rolleyes:.

·
Registered
90 Posts
let them think that it actually does something... then laugh in their face once they tell you that they make more power because of it.

Just refer them to this article:

Blown00GTAuto said:
Chicane 255lph pump
Do you live around the Torrance area?

·
Registered
28 Posts
LodBot said:
go with the x-pipe all the way.

that explains why the shaker hood scoop is a waste of money. You could buy a cat-back and an x-pipe for the same amount as a shaker setup. I would do gears and maybe an x-pipe or a cat-back. I don't have new gears, but I've heard amazing things about them!

Hope that helps!
That guy is pretty smart, did anybody read the article on headers... To bad about the only person I ever found to agree with me about backpressure is a vette guy.

Zero back pressure = More power.

·
Registered
90 Posts
MiracleMax said:
Zero back pressure = More power.
I beleive he said that was true with turbos but don't quote me.

And yes, that guys is DAMN smart!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts