Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
Nice - add name and multiple $ by 100.

Seems to me if you're going to spend $100k pumping a car up, it should be putting out well north of 1000hp.

·
horrably stock
1,409 Posts
It is nice and all but no way would I pay 100K for that.

I remember when mustangs were affordable LOL

·
Registered
878 Posts
Carroll Shelby sure is a greedy old bastard isn't he?
Three things to consider:

1. He's an 80 year old man. He needs to make what he can this close to the end of the race.

2. After all the years he got screwed and underpaid for the use of his name, I think he's probably entitled to try to make up for it. :D

3. Shelby almost went Out Of Business a few years ago. High priced/limited run cars are better than the alternative. These also help beef up the "regular" Shelby cars through trickle down technology.

That having been said, I'm with you. I'm sick and tired of 80,000 dollar Mustangs.

Hell, I think a $30,000 mustang is too much money. There's no way it costs that much to make them when they sell more than 100k a year.

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
Three things to consider:

1. He's an 80 year old man. He needs to make what he can this close to the end of the race.

2. After all the years he got screwed and underpaid for the use of his name, I think he's probably entitled to try to make up for it. :D

3. Shelby almost went Out Of Business a few years ago. High priced/limited run cars are better than the alternative. These also help beef up the "regular" Shelby cars through trickle down technology.

That having been said, I'm with you. I'm sick and tired of 80,000 dollar Mustangs.

Hell, I think a $30,000 mustang is too much money. There's no way it costs that much to make them when they sell more than 100k a year.
especially when it's a measly 300 HP GT that should maybe be $17K or $18K and I'd gladly pay that much for a newer GT, but not more than that.

I bought my 02 with 60,000 miles for $13,700 a few years ago. I won't buy a new car ever again, unless of course I have to see a sick new Shelby GT500 come in out down the road and I'm done with college, and I have no debt, then I might consider it.

I already know what my graduation present is gonna be to myself once I'm through with college...I'm going to buy myself the cleanest, low mileage stock Terminator I can find, and it'll either be Comp Orange, Mystichrome or Black.

I would get a Sonic Blue Terminator, but I already have the GT in that color.

·
Registered
878 Posts
I agree 100%.

Buying a new car, from a financial standpoint, doesn't really make any sense.

It's always better to let someone ELSE pay the depreciation. :)

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
I agree 100%.

Buying a new car, from a financial standpoint, doesn't really make any sense.

It's always better to let someone ELSE pay the depreciation. :)
yep, I learned my lesson in 1999, when my brand new ZX2 got totaled on a rainy night, 2 weeks after I bought it. I was dummy and didn't have gap insurance, and the insurance company said the value of the car was like $700 - $800 less than what I owed on it, and I hadn't even made the first payment.

buying a new car is completely stupid and I don't understand why people just have to have a brand new car.

I've bought several used vehicles and none have ever given me a problem.

my 01 Explorer that I bought in 05 was a nice ride, my 01 Ranger that I bought in 04 was nice, my 97 Cobra was spectacular, and my 02 has turned into quite a gem (with a ridiculous amount of mods and lots of $$$$$).

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well now just how in the world are we ever going to get this economy going with thinking like that ? LOL The government wants us to spend as much as we can and as fast as we can .

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
Well now just how in the world are we ever going to get this economy going with thinking like that ? LOL The government wants us to spend as much as we can and as fast as we can .
that's their problem, hell it's their money I'm spending on my car right now anyways, so they can STFU! :dunno2:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts