Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Snake Charmer
2,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well just picked up my 03 beauty last night and one of the first things I notice was that I had to reach for the odd gears. Im not a small guy but not a big guy either (5'11"). Has anyone else noticed this is or is it just me? Anyone recommend a nice short throw replacement?

·
Snake Charmer
2,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: shifter

docs03 said:
Tri-ax or Pro-5.0 with a MGW adjustable handle will work great

doc
any recomendations as to where to pick up a low priced tri-ax?

·
Registered
810 Posts
If you go with a Pro5.0 shifter I highly recommend the MGW handle. Just like you I'm just under 6". With the seat all the way back, shifting with the Pro5.0's stock handle and trying to reach the odd # gears was much worse. MGW handle solved that in a major major way. Awesome combination.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Or buy the Pro 5.0 w/ no handle but rather the bushings to allow you to use the stock handle w/ no slop and plenty of setback. Also, you'll never hit all the gears if you shift it like you hate it when you race.. you'll need an aftermarket aluminum clutch quadrant and a firewall adjuster so that you can adjust the pedal near the top. This allows the clutch to fully disengage even if you only get the pedal down halfway when your speed shifting.

·
Registered
64 Posts
yeah

Yeah I bought that shifter handle and its real nice for street driving, but when I tried to shift really fast the pro 5.0 I have just didnt feel right without the short handle it comes with. Yeah I had to reach, but with a longer shifter handle tilted way back its not as good at the track. Shifts are not as short. Ive decided to just move my seat up at the track and reach a little. I left my console apart and tried the adjustable handle, the mid length from Pro 5.0 and the short handle ohhh and the stock handle with the adapter. Only one that really made the shifts quick was the shortest one.

The adjustable was the most comfortable for regular driving.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts