Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Basically I'm planning on doing something special down here. I was told by SHM they've put a few blower cam setups in some '03s but didn't have numbers to back it up. If anyone is running the SHM Cobra blower cams please come forward with some information. Thanks guys!

Blower Cam

Intake
Cam Timing .050
Opens 10 ATDC
Closes 39 ABDC
Centerline 114.5
Duration 209
Valve lift .472

Exhaust
Cam Timing .050
Opens 40 BBDC
Closes 5 ATDC
Centerline 107.5
Duration 225
Valve lift .452

more info here.

The topic says top end, so any information regaurding SHM ported heads and or vavle train is welcome. Thanks again.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
lots of looks and no replies.. anyone have "a" built top end on an '03 yet?

·
Registered
447 Posts
I have a built top end on a Lightning and I think your looking at +/- 40hp. I have CNC heads, larger valves, etc. and ModMax cams. I don't think you'll see many Cobra owners do it until they've exhausted everything else. Good luck.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the comments guys. I figured I wouldn't get much back on a built '03 top.. I guess the guys who did spend the $$ aren't going to go and talk about it to everyone. The rep I spoke to at SHM said something about an '03 with blower cams that made 580whp with valvetrain work, minor bolt ons, and a tune. I think I'm going to wait and see what VT Competition does for 32V owners. Thanks guys!

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
2JZFAN said:
Thanks for the comments guys. I figured I wouldn't get much back on a built '03 top.. I guess the guys who did spend the $$ aren't going to go and talk about it to everyone. The rep I spoke to at SHM said something about an '03 with blower cams that made 580whp with valvetrain work, minor bolt ons, and a tune. I think I'm going to wait and see what VT Competition does for 32V owners. Thanks guys!
Hey Justin,

Be patient and you'll be happy. Once we get the new cam specs finalized and ready to go, we'll definately make power. Thanks for calling us the other day.......it's always nice to talk to new folk ;) Take care, and we'll talk soon.

Regards
Jim/Scott
Team VT

1 - 6 of 6 Posts