Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Back on the topic of rear shocks for our Lightnings. I still have the factory shocks on my 03.

Since I was off work today, I slid up under my truck and did some measuring.
At ride height, my shock is 17" long from the center of the lower bolt to the upper mount.
The shock has a total of 8-3/4" travel, at ride height I am 2" exactly from bottoming the shock out on its travel (compression).

Remember that I am running the Hotchkis springs on my truck, I dont run hangers or shackles of any kind.

I think I need some shorter shocks.....has anyone tried the Strange adjustable Mustang shocks yet like we discussed in the other thread?

·
Registered
467 Posts
You dont have hangers or shackles on your truck? jeez that must be a rough ride :D

There is probably alot of consistency and improvements in 60' times to be had from a good setup suspension. The adjustable rear shocks might be a good start.

·
Registered
924 Posts
KBzilla I'm going to the U.S. Nationals tomorrow every Hiperformance vender and company that has anything to do with drag racing is their biggest drag race in the world . Anyway I'll try to talk to Mr. strange about the shocks and to see if they are going to make a set just for the lightnings. If not I'll try the mustang shocks .

·
Registered
64 Posts
Ask for me too. conleym..
Mine are shot! thanks in advanced!

·
Registered
375 Posts
Red Bolt, would you care to share your mods with us>??? Your truck is hauling! Any dyno numbers also>??? Thanks! -Mat-

·
Registered
64 Posts
Gladly!

99L Stock Block, stock tranny, and 3.55's
KB Blower @18lbs
KB boosta pump and spark
KB single Blade
Swanson Flip chip
Swanson CAI
Swanson Boost bypass Kit
LFP E-Fan
LFP 2800 stall C,
LFP VB
JLP long bars
JDM Fluidyne

Note: Idid not have the 2800 stall, SB, JLP Long Bars, and Boosta P and Spark for the 11.77 pass!
495HP 570TQ on 18lbs
Haven't had time to get it DYNO'd at the new 22LBS I've been running, so with the upgrades I think I'm close to 550 HP and 6XXTQ what do ya think?

·
Registered
375 Posts
Red BOLT said:
Gladly!

99L Stock Block, stock tranny, and 3.55's
KB Blower @18lbs
KB boosta pump and spark
KB single Blade
Swanson Flip chip
Swanson CAI
Swanson Boost bypass Kit
LFP E-Fan
LFP 2800 stall C,
LFP VB
JLP long bars
JDM Fluidyne

Note: Idid not have the 2800 stall, SB, JLP Long Bars, and Boosta P and Spark for the 11.77 pass!
495HP 570TQ on 18lbs
Haven't had time to get it DYNO'd at the new 22LBS I've been running, so with the upgrades I think I'm close to 550 HP and 6XXTQ what do ya think?
Nice! Are you running 18PSI on 91 octane>??? :shocked I think you would need to mix in some high octane but could be wrong. Our trucks are very similar.
01L Stock block Stock tranny(not for long) 3.73's
KB @ 15PSI
Accufab single blade
JDM flip chip
Phenolic spacer
Fluidyne
Full exhaust
JLP bars
Efan
2400 stall Pro Torque Converter
I have no boosta pump or spark
But do have a ProM 92MM MAF and 55LB injectors
496RWHP and 582RWTQ
JDM said they were able to get over 500HP and 600FTlbs but detuned it for safety. So I should be atleast in the 11.70's which makes me very happy! :D
However I do think 22PSI on your stock block is asking for trouble. You should easily be able to get those number but I don't think it will last at all. I would only do it if you had no problem dropping the change on a built block after the stocker takes a nap. If you do do it though, let us know how it turns out. What do ya think my truck should run at the track>??? It is pretty close to sea level. What was your 60FT on the 11.77 pass>??? Thanks, -Mat-

·
Registered
64 Posts
60 ft was 1.7 with slappers no traction. and 105 octane
As for the 22lbs I've been running it for some months Know the problem is there is NO traction whatso ever I spin the slicks the almost the whole way down the Track I'm thinking of upgrading to 15x10 and 30inch Hoosiers!
Oh A/F was at 10.5 threw the whole band
TUNE & 105 Race fuel is what is keeping the truck alive!

·
Registered
375 Posts
Awesome 11.70 with a 1.7 60FT! With my converter and traction I should be able to nail a 1.6 or maybe even a high 1.5 60FT. :) 22PSI is sickening! I want to see some dyno numbers! I think 30" slick are the only way you will get traction. Good luck at the dyno and at the track. -Mat-

·
Registered
64 Posts
Thanks Mat
I should have dyno #'s in a week or so before the Cage, trying to get the truck dialed in by Nov for FFW in Phenox
you should'nt have a problem getting in the 11's good luck

·
Registered
375 Posts
Yeah I don't see why I would, as long as my tranny holds up. I have the Art Carr/LFP kit I have been meaning to put in. But I hurt my leg and just haven't had time to do it at work. One of these days though. -Mat-

·
Registered
64 Posts
oh you'd better put the tranny kit in before you hit the track
3 weeks after my 11sec pass the tranny hit the crapper Luckily I got a new one under warrenty haven't had time to beef it up but will before Nov,

·
Registered
375 Posts
I am not worried about it taking a crapper since that is what I do for a living. As long as I don't damage any hard parts. Since my leg is still broken I don't see the kit getting in there before the track. :( -Mat-

1 - 16 of 16 Posts