Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering what everyone recommands for a short block. The plan is to run a 200shot and be reliable for a daily driver. I'm looking at the DSS 4.6 Pro Mod. I'm also thinking about doing a stroker with the new short block. Has anyone done a stroker yet. If so what kind of gains have you seen. Thanks.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Maybe my wording is wrong. I'm looking for what is the best company that provides built short blocks to go with. I know they still use the ford blocks :)

·
Registered
227 Posts
ive got the DSS pro mod shortblock. i was stunned by the quality of work, its very nice and i havent had no problems (3Kmi). im only running 8psi of boost (for now)

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
Be good idea if your going to use a lot of boost to get lower compression pistons..

I run 8.5 to 1 CP pistons in my GT..

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Jim Vaccaro said:
Be good idea if your going to use a lot of boost to get lower compression pistons..

I run 8.5 to 1 CP pistons in my GT..
That explains the low HP numbers.....:shootbird

Tim

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
Also explains how i can use pump gas.....

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
Cobra Killer said:
You got me there..Racing is to risky..Dyno is much safer.:D

Tim
You got me there..I am on 3rd Motor...
685 RWHP on race gas and it never made a good pass...

Trying not to have a race car...I'll stay Rich...
Seems like going fast means going broke!!:p

·
Yup....still on top!
2,055 Posts
TUFFPNY said:
Maybe my wording is wrong. I'm looking for what is the best company that provides built short blocks to go with. I know they still use the ford blocks :)
www.vtengines.com :D We know how to build mod motors, and we have the customer service to back it up too! Also, Cobra Killer's shop is known for big 2V #'s. www.modularfordpowerhouse.com , either way you'll be set with a sturdy mill.

Regards
Scott
VT

1 - 14 of 14 Posts