Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is a DSS Racing a good shortblock. Thinking about getting the pro mod shortblock, to go along with a turbo. I will be trying to get 600 rwhp out of it, a daily driver also. You guys think this work?

·
Registered
131 Posts
i'm wondering the same thing , somebody help us

·
Registered
802 Posts
Not true. Call 'em and they'll tell you they got 50 in stock probably. No engine builder keeps that many in stock. My suggestion is to call whatever tuner your'e using. They'll give you the best advice.

·
Registered
131 Posts
even if they do have 50 sittin' around or do make a whole bunch at one time the pro mod has forged internals just like the assembly line cobra motor that can handle 700 hp.

·
Registered
227 Posts
ive got the DSS pro mod shortblock. its very nice, and although i havent had the opportunity to dyno my car the shortblock is very very nice. mine has the cobra crank, manley rods, probe pistons and arp hardware. i recommend it. when i called to ask/order it, they said that somebody had ordered the one, but canceled, so theyd send me that one (this is in line with theyre hand built). that was on thursday, and on tuesday around noon it arrived at the shop in chesapeake va. when i talked to the people about ordering it, they were cool, asked the usual questions, had what they recommended for the plans i had with the car. i give them a :beer ...just dont order ARP headstuds...they were like $215 or something

·
Registered
802 Posts
Hey black01GT. Are you still coming this way soon? I'll be taking my car to JMS when my RR pulley comes in next week or week after. Maybe you can come along and get those dyno numbers.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts