Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well we already have a longtube discussion. So ,why not a discussion about shorty headers. Does anyone have shorty headers on their car? Is there even a company that has them for the 03 Cobra? Are they worth it? Im sure they have to have some benefit over the stock manifolds. Or do they? Im looking to get headers and do not want longtubes right now. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Jamie

·
Registered
218 Posts
> Does anyone have shorty headers on their car?

See <http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=27158>.

> Is there even a company that has them for the 03 Cobra?

JBA #1625-7JT and FRPP #M9430-E465.

> Are they worth it?

As always, it is relative to what you can afford. Third-party installation costs are nearly equal the cost of the short tubes themselves. It is worth it to me.

>...some benefit over the stock manifolds. Or do they?

Sure. Some.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies so far. I am very interested to see what you put out SonicBlue. BTW, what are your other mods?

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
Reportedly the owner of JBA purchased a 03 Cobra and had the 1 5/8" set modified to specifically if the 03 Cobra. He reported a 22 rwhp gain over stock also. If I was to buy shorties I would definetely go with JBA I had them on my 95 Cobra and they were great quality and never had a problem even though I had my exhaust on and off the car more times then I care to remember they never broke. I am probably going to go with the QMP Long tubes though sense they don't cost that much more and I expect installation on this car will be a equivalent b*tch with either set-up.

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
I just checked Maximum Motorsports and they have JBA 1-5/8" 1625-7JB with jet black ceramic coating for $629.95/set. Its funny they have a note that these are only for cars producing over 300hp.

G

·
Nitrous Pete did a dyno run with the JBA's I am pretty sure...hopfully he will read this post and be able to answer....or search that demised SSOTN Terminator Forum for the post pete made way back

·
Registered
121 Posts
2.93 pulley
Diablo chip(amazon Racing)
K&N w/ homemade cai
tr-6 plugs

[email protected] w/ nittos
428.8 hp 454.3 SAE(before exhaust)

Jba shorty headers (nitrous pete)
bassani X-pipe w/cats(Nitrous pete)
Magnaflow cat back(any day now)

anyone have any thought of what my hp will be with exhaust listed?

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
sonicblue03 said:
2.93 pulley
Diablo chip(amazon Racing)
K&N w/ homemade cai
tr-6 plugs

[email protected] w/ nittos
428.8 hp 454.3 SAE(before exhaust)

Jba shorty headers (nitrous pete)
bassani X-pipe w/cats(Nitrous pete)
Magnaflow cat back(any day now)

anyone have any thought of what my hp will be with exhaust listed?
I would hope between 460-470 at least.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts