Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know its silly but I was pretty proud of how it turned out.
I dont use the traction control anyway so I figured I would mount the BAP dial there. Yes I know once you set it you dont touch it again, but sometimes you just want to show off your toys.

Here I tore apart the box and removed the dial and rca plug, also peeled the sticker.
View attachment 58528

then I cut a slit in the side of the button hole to make room for the circut board that sticks out of the dial. Also had to remove tabs at the bottom of the opening. Then just push dial in and hot glue it in place.
View attachment 58529
View attachment 58530

Then just glued the sticker right on the panel, and put knob back on.

View attachment 58531
View attachment 58532

Yeh I know the sticker got a little messed up, but I called KB and theyre sending me a new one.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Pretty cool idea!!!!!!! I just stashed mine by the drivers seat for now. Wasn,t real thrilled about mounting a square box under my dash. Thanks for the idea, Good job. Mike

·
Registered
290 Posts
Just run it pre-FPDM and on MAX. Never need to see it again!

Good work, though.

·
Registered
5,420 Posts
Not a bad idea, I just put mine in the glove box.

·
Registered
257 Posts
mine is in the trunk.

·
Si vis pacem, para bellum
1,207 Posts
Trunk here, but good idea and nice job!

·
Registered
5,038 Posts
I always wanted to re-wire my trac control switch to arm the nitrous. Light on = Nitrous Armed...

But apparently it's a momentary switch and the LED is driven by a uP. I'd have to program a PLD & solder it to a board & junk. It was just easier to drill a hole next to the shifter and pop a goofy lighted toggle switch through there...

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
psh bap. what's that lol j/k.
It looks a little out of place with the off color knob and wrinkled sticker but I admire your originality. :tip:

·
Banned
263 Posts
IMHO, installing a BAP switch anywhere that human hands are on a regular basis is just BAD.

When your motor goes boom because you 'accidentally' bumped the BAP to a lower setting, trust me you wont be having a good day.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Any chance of an updated picture when you get the new sticker put on? :dunno2:

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I got the new sticker. But I have a carbon fiber kit to put in. I was going to wait until I do that.
When I get the interior done Ill put pics up.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts