Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have a 96 cobra that is a problem child and have exhausted just about everything in trying to resolve the issue. The car hasn't been running in a while (sitting) and just installed a Vortech SQ1/Aftercooler kit including trex/fmu. The car runs extremely rich at Idle. At this point we are just trying to get the car to run good at idle not under boost or vaccum. The car doesnt not have a chip plugged in yet. it will be getting a tune/superchip.

The cobra is completely stock and stock fuel system as a base.

This is what we have exhausted so far:

rail pressure is 40psi at idle without trex/fmu
checked all sensors
checked for leaks
checked FMU installation
bypassed both trex and fmu
tryed a different stock MAF
tryed a different stock ECM (llx1)
new plugs (gapped at .035 copper)
checked firing order

Any other ideas???? we have 2 people working on it that know what they are doing :D

·
Registered
15 Posts
Sorry to hear of your problems. You are in the right place for advice though so just bare with it.When you say the car is not running do you mean will not start,does not fire ,or starts and just shuts down.I did have some problems with mine (and still continue to have the odd one or two)so i know how frustrating it can be.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
:lol its ok, the problem was figured out after putting a code scanner on it. MAF voltage out of range. meaning the damn MAF connector wasn't seated correctly. apparently the maf was unplugged for sometime and crap got in the connectors. :shocked

1 - 3 of 3 Posts