Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

Now that these have been out for a couple of months, I am looking for feed back on the Hi Imp 55# injectors from the people who have them.

Have you had any problems?
How is driveability? Cold Starts? ect???

Was there any problem getting the tune right? Who did your tune?

Thanks in advance,
Alan Kennedy

·
Registered
332 Posts
I have had no problems with the injectors so to speak. they do seem more prone to leaking from the rail. not as forgiving as the rc engineering were as far as everything being squared up.

i have a question for you, What part number should be on the injector? mine have 3172, is this correct?

i ask because in closed loop i have had to richen the mixture to get the best drivability out of them, tuning with a mafterburner. they dont seem to flow as much at idle upto about 3000rpm, then they start to flow more, or so it seems. they do not appear to be linear to me.

in open loop i say they must be bigger because my a/f ratio went from 12 to 1 to 10.8 with no other changes.

overall i am satisfied with them i jut have some tuning issues to work out or get another tune for them.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have sold 2 different part #'s for the SD Hi Imp 55's. The first 20 I received were part# 5255, and the most recent ones are 3172.

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Alan, I think I have the original set and they have performed flawlessly. Starts, drives and idles like a stock car. I have a lean condition in the upper rpms that we are working on, but I think most of it is due to the MAF leaning out. 679rwhp with no FMU and I think we will see 700 or so soon.

Chad

1 - 5 of 5 Posts