Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have decided to simplify my fuel system and need to make a choice on a pump. I am planning on doing a sumped fuel cell with a single pump, keeping my -8 feed and adding a -6 return. I am looking for a pump to support about 800rwhp on E85, maybe more. So far I am considering the A1000, but I want to make sure it will be enough. Also want to consider different options, i know that some pumps require a controller and i think there are some that dont. A friend of mine just went from an A1000 to a magnafuel (750 i think) and said it doesent need a controller (but he didnt run one on his A1000 either). so far my planned system is a sumped cell in the trunk, with a pre filter and pump mounted under the cell in the spare tire well, then up to the rail with a crossover in the front and out the driver side to a regulator back to the tank. Still not sure on the regulator either, open to suggestions. Thanks guys.

· Registered
2,075 Posts
Well the A1000 will support 1000hp on gas, so if ethanol takes at least 30% more volume then I think the most you could get out of that pump is around 700. I am looking for around he same hp and decided to get an eliminator pump. I'm still not sure if it'll be enough. Also I would upgrade your feed line to -10

· Registered
1,947 Posts
I'm running a Magnafuel EFI750 pump with great success. No controller required, but keep an eye on your fuel temps if you have the capability to do so. On one of my cars I installed a fuel cooler inline on the return side and it worked perfect at keeping the fuel temps down. So far that pump is supporting right at 950whp with an F2M on E85 with plenty of room to grow.

· Registered
633 Posts
I run the Magnafuel Pro Tuner 750 with my combo and it works flawlessly w no controller or cooler.

· Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
What kind of regulators are you guys running, im sure any of the big name ones will work just wondering if anyone has any preferences. Thanks for the input on the pumps.

· 4.6 ways to waste money
1,930 Posts
I honestly do not know yet. Installed it in may this year and have been undergoing an engine swap since then. Will find out in Nov
Gotcha.

Been folowing on SVTP. Looks like it should be rowdy.

· Registered
1,947 Posts
I'm running the large Magnafuel 4 port regulator. As for noise, the ProStar 750 that my coupe runs is loud, but nothing compared to the old Aeromotive Eliminator it had before. My other car runs a Pro Tuner 750 and I can't even hear it with the car running. I used a setrab oil cooler for the fuel cooler, I just looked for one with -8 inlet and outlet, plumbed it in under the car in the return line.

· Premium Member
8,806 Posts
I'm running a Magnafuel EFI750 pump with great success. No controller required, but keep an eye on your fuel temps if you have the capability to do so. On one of my cars I installed a fuel cooler inline on the return side and it worked perfect at keeping the fuel temps down. So far that pump is supporting right at 950whp with an F2M on E85 with plenty of room to grow.
Good to know!!

Op I also runs Magnafuel 750 on E85. After calling companies last winter I wanted to do it once and that's the pump I chose.

What temps were you guys seeing in what amount of time to justify a cooler on E85?

· Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks for the tips guys, looks like its gunna be a Magnafuel 750. I will probably end up going with the 4 port MF regulator. I spent the whole summer working with my fuel system because I didnt do enough research and tried to run twin GT pumps on E85 with the KB, then kept trying to add pumps and FPDMs and wiring to make it work only to have my fuel pressure dropping again with 3 GT pumps, new hat, wiring upgrade, and dual FPDM harness. I plan on driving the car next year.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.