Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yep...SLP (Street Legal Performance)The guys that brought the GM guys the Firehawk and the SS Camaro along with tons of mods for the Z28,Firebird and Corvette.

I had a meeting today with one of the Engineers and the Dyno Rep. They took me on a tour of the facility here in Toms River, New Jersey. I originally started asking them a few days ago about me using their new dyno for my 03 Cobra...thinking they would say no because its a Ford product. But they were totally opposite. I even heard an inside scoop that SLP will be getting into performance parts for the 4.6 modulars.

So let me know if any of you local guys want to setup a date to get (no more than 8 cars a day). Come on Pete,KOM,Matt,Franco, Marlon,Sean..etc... It's right off Rte. 37 in Toms River, NJ...1501 Industrial Way.

This Dyno is amazing...I mean the best of the best. I was amazed at how well setup they are. The dyno is a "Superflow" Dyno. Not sure how it will compare to the Dyno jet...but I guess we will find out. I will be hitting that dyno very soon...and with it only being 5 minutes from my house..I will be there alot!

So SLP will be in the Mustang Modular Performance market very soon too....man..I think we have it made with our cars...thats for sure.

Edit....10% less rear wheel horsepower for the Superflow AutoDyn

Harry Mager
www.HotRodHarrys.com

·
Registered
244 Posts
Hey Harry, sounds cool. I am always up for a Dyno day. I am sure the rest of the guys will be up for it also. Keep us posted
Matt

·
Banned
572 Posts
HEY HARRY!,
You know im always up for a metting with a bunch of great guys and good times .
O and you to :D
j/k buddy
sure im in

sean

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just got off the phone with the guys at www.SuperFlow.com

The one thing we will not like...since we like those high Dynojet numbers...is the Superflow is about 10% lower in their horsepower ratings. So if you have 500 hp show up on a Dynojet..you will get about 450 hp on the Superflow. The Superflow is suppose to be the most accurate and all, but high numbers is what we seem to like, thats for sure. The NHRA and NASCAR guys use the Superflow autodyn.

SLP will also be the ones doing the driving in the car...so any of the shop guys that want to drive their clients car on the dyno..will have to sit and watch and pray nothing breaks on their clients car.

I will go there and see how my car does....but it aint going to be no 500 hp dynojet number....not unless I hit the juice :)

Harry
www.HotRodHarrys.com

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
Personally, I'd rather see them SLP guys in the other lane at the track.
What's the use useing there dyno when we all have dynojet baselines.

Sorry but that's how i feel. I am not BI i just drive Fords and GM is the enemy..

jim v.:shootbird

·
Registered
661 Posts
I herd the dyno #s are different, But that dyno is more accurate.
Problenm is we all have dyno jet #s, , I will stick with dyno jet.
nitro

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I understand guys...but with SLP being only 5 minutes from my house...that works out pretty good for me to see what parts work and what doesnt. For a high horse dyno run...I will go to PJ's Dyno Day....

Harry

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Jim Vaccaro said:
Personally, I'd rather see them SLP guys in the other lane at the track.
What's the use useing there dyno when we all have dynojet baselines.

Sorry but that's how i feel. I am not BI i just drive Fords and GM is the enemy..

jim v.:shootbird
Hey Jimmy...I could have sworn you drove to the Crazy Horse Dyno Day in a Chrysler Product :p

Harry
www.HotRodHarrys.com

·
Registered
661 Posts
AH HA ! ! ! Mopar dont go far, lol
You know im kidding , I had a 71 road runner 383 ic trips,
went 12.5 Rember Harry ? Shit back in Dyno days pre. 1800
he he . I smoked harry then.
Sit down shut up and hold on. Bring it dont sing it ! !

PEACE TO THE WORLD.

OH Harry remember my 70 gto, ram air 4 , red, I miss that car
71 mach 1, 71 challenger, 69 chevelle, 66vw beetle,
How about Joe mays cuda, He kicked ass then!!

·
Registered
191 Posts
The superflow dynos are great for tunning but definitely not the one to use if you want to brag about your HP. I have a uncle who owns a bike shop and on his superflow dyno, GSXR1000s typically dyno 132 rwhp while on dynojets they dyno, again on average around 142 rwhp.

Of note, one of the harley bikes dropped 104 ftlbs of torque on his superflow dyno. Talk about some torque!

·
Registered
277 Posts
I understand guys...but with SLP being only 5 minutes from my house...that works out pretty good for me to see what parts work and what doesnt. For a high horse dyno run...I will go to PJ's Dyno Day....
Good point.:cool:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Those were the days dude! Nitrous to us was so new back then...I never did get to race you again in my 69 442 after Eddie Simon put a Nitrous System in her back in 83. I went a best of 12.09 at 119 in that car with the juice. Never got her in the elevens..I just used the juice in 3rd and 4th. Technology sure has made cars fly...my 03 Cobra would blow the doors off that Olds.

I remember those cars Pete...except for that VW...too funny...I had a 73 Super Beetle too back when....also had a Ram Air IV 1969 GTO Judge and a 67 Coronet with a 340 that would redline at 8000 rpms and a 69 Chevelle SS396 4speed,72 Rallye Dodge 340 Challenger...hmmmm we seem to have lead the same lives :D ....ah yes....those were the days!

Joe Mays Cuda was sweet....his Red 64 he had and his Prostreet 71 Cuda I hope he still has.

Harry
www.HotRodHarrys.com

nitrous pete said:
AH HA ! ! ! Mopar dont go far, lol
You know im kidding , I had a 71 road runner 383 ic trips,
went 12.5 Rember Harry ? Shit back in Dyno days pre. 1800
he he . I smoked harry then.
Sit down shut up and hold on. Bring it dont sing it ! !

PEACE TO THE WORLD.

OH Harry remember my 70 gto, ram air 4 , red, I miss that car
71 mach 1, 71 challenger, 69 chevelle, 66vw beetle,
How about Joe mays cuda, He kicked ass then!!

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
Hot Rod Harry said:
Hey Jimmy...I could have sworn you drove to the Crazy Horse Dyno Day in a Chrysler Product :p

Harry
www.HotRodHarrys.com
Harry, I drove my Lincoln LS to dyno day..never had a Chrysler Product..

jim v.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Oh I forgot, I had a 67 camaro. 400 ci SB. I do miss those days
Peace

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
nitrous pete said:
Oh I forgot, I had a 67 camaro. 400 ci SB. I do miss those days
Peace
I loved those 67 Camaro's....last year of the vent window for them. Nice size car too...The only Camaro I owned was a 74 Z28. That was also the only car I totaled :D And man did I total that one!

Hot Rod(74 cars owned)Harry
and most were 4 speeds.
Before I was known as Hot Rod Harry
I was Mr. 4speed :) What the hell am I going
to do with 2 extra gears now ;-p

I remember the day I powershifted my first 5 speed in my brand new 86 Mustang GT...1st...bang 2nd...bang 5th! LOL !!! Had to get use to that extra gear over there.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Im down for the dyno day... i dont have any baseline yet... so it doesnt seem that it would be a problem for me...

but, i would have to go there and do all my dynos there when i do mods...

ill defintely be there... let us know when you wanna do it...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
TopRacer said:
Im down for the dyno day... i dont have any baseline yet... so it doesnt seem that it would be a problem for me...

but, i would have to go there and do all my dynos there when i do mods...

ill defintely be there... let us know when you wanna do it...
Nice websites!!!

I will let you know what day we will try this little Cobra get together..shooot.....if whoever lives in this area has whatever and wants to dyno their car...come on down too.

Harry Mager
www.HotRodHarrys.com

·
Registered
661 Posts
Hey harry I herd that I would have blown up that dyno , , he heh ehe , think it can handel that power, I herd NO. Lets keep the big power these cars make to our selvs, The hell With the chevys
they cant hang ! lol Mopars maby ;)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts