That is awesome:worship

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
Great run and good driving.....:D

·
Senior Citizen Member
5,058 Posts
Not bad for being heat-soaked !!!! How long do you usually cool down between runs ? I usually wait about and 1.25 to 1.5 hours.
Still, my best runs seem to be my first ones .

·
Premium Member
5,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I usually wait about 1 hour or so. I ice and run the IC coolant pump and fan all at once. Usually when the blower is cool to the touch I make another pass.

·
Banned
1,888 Posts
Broke,

Put a KB on that car. Maybe you'll run 9's!!

Congrats, man! Nobody represents the herd better than you.

·
Registered
140 Posts
broke..great run...you have the 60' technique down!..what kind of tires r u running and r u slipping the clutch ...just put the kb on my car need some tires so i can go run it mike

·
Premium Member
5,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
KB is in the works for next year if everything goes as planned. I wouldnt mine seeing 130mph and mid 10's with a good hook with the KB. It should have a set of ProStar XP's as well, so it will go on a diet, maybe the rear seat delete. If the KB falls threw I will have a 6lb lower for next spring.

Im running 275/40/17 BFG's DR's that are pretty bald, and run them at 15psi. Do a nice big burnout, and slip the clutch out at 4000-4500 depending on track prep.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Broke, congrats again! What are your 1/8th mile times? You need to have your buddy get next to the tree next time and video your launch so we can all learn... Please! :)

·
Registered
51 Posts
Step back and think about these cars for a second.... Yeah it's a $35K car but with less than $1K in mods you're solidly into the 11's..

Umm, wow!

If I had a child I'd easily sell him/her to buy one of these demons!

·
Registered
223 Posts
damn broke7, i wish i knew how to launch my car like that!

... and sorry about the sad news. i read that the roads were wet -- that's a dangerous combination :( someone has plans for you otherwise you wouldn't have broken that half-shaft.

·
Premium Member
5,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I thought it was gonna yank the wheel, it will probably next year. Im investing in several shares of halfshafts this winter. Im gonna try my best to run in the 1.5's next year.

Gettin a 6lb lower and some XP's for next season, should lighten the car up some. Im done for this year, track closes first week of september, and im heading outa town for some NHRA races on the 25th. Gonna mix it up with trey193 and bring my chip and see how his car does.

Its hard to even want to race after something I am going threw, I stare at my car outside while its waiting on a halfshaft knowing that is what my buddy's car used to look like. It rough..but things are coming along, slowly.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts