Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All I kept seeing on the Boards were Turbo kits two-three months ago. Well what happened>??? X2C said they would have some track times and updates back in May I think. Amazon said back in June that in two weeks they would be making appts for installs of the Pro Turbo kits>??? Did they just fade away>??? I really have no interest in putting one on my car since I feel the S/C is what really makes the 03, but I was excited about hopefully seeing some VERY fast turbo cars. I am a big fan of Turbo power as my family has 6 Turbo Buicks and know that you can make crazy power with boost. So please I would like some updates! Time slips would be very nice. Pictures are cool too and I will settle for dyno numbers for the time being, I guess. ;) Well lets hear the latest news! :blob -Mat-

·
Registered
352 Posts
I think X2C still has their Turbo kit avail.

The turbo kits on the modulars go as quick as they come. They never survive the R&D costs.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Welcome to the world of turbos....why I consistently say companies should never say anything until the kit is ready, on the market and can actually be purchased.

The entire 'we can ship is 30 days' is a bunch of BS in the first place, and even the companies that make the claims can't deliver on that time frame.

As for dyno numbers, I'm hoping to get back on the dyno one more time before I hit the track on October 3rd for the track day.

·
Registered
37 Posts
The X2C Cobra made 720 RWHP.

They fastest run they made with the 5 speed was a 10.50 at ??? mph @
LACR (2700 ft, crappy air).

They were still tuning the car when somebody bought the kit from them.

Check out the video called "Turbo 03 Cobra"

http://www.x2cmotorsports.com/X2CMovies/

I think they are in the process of putting on a larger turbo as we speak. :jawdrop

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hey guys, yeah the car is down right now, we sold the old turbo kit to the NEW owner of Nitrous Pete's car!!!!
I believe they were on the dyno on Friday night but we do not know what #'s came out of that car yet but we would assume they should be similar to ours.

Our 03' is undergoing some big changes, we just pulled out the motor to put some ARP head studs and to develop our BIG turbo kit for it, we have ditched the factory intercooler in favor of an aftermarket air/water that is being mounted under the dash, the heads and engine remain 100% stock with the exception of the ARP studs mentioned above. We are also building a whole new intake to replace the sheetmetal one that we had in-place of the eaton. We are expecting power levels in the 1000hp range. Only time will tell, we will post some pics soon.

Mark Luton
X2C R&D
www.x2cmotorsports.com

·
Registered
23 Posts
X2C, Sounds like you're getting a little greedy there. You should try produce a complete kit for the average joe. Don't worry about the race kits, there will be far less of a market for them. If you made a good reliable kit that fit together well, you could sell 10 of them within a month, far faster than you could produce them. Once you perfected a good "street" kit, you should then work on the upgrades for it to be a "race" kit.

Just build a working kit and go from there.

People like the ability to upgrade!

·
Registered
285 Posts
I just want a turbo kit that retians the AC, or even a twin set up

·
Registered
37 Posts
nosomo said:
X2C, Sounds like you're getting a little greedy there. You should try produce a complete kit for the average joe. Don't worry about the race kits, there will be far less of a market for them. If you made a good reliable kit that fit together well, you could sell 10 of them within a month, far faster than you could produce them. Once you perfected a good "street" kit, you should then work on the upgrades for it to be a "race" kit.

Just build a working kit and go from there.

People like the ability to upgrade!
That's great advice and all but these guys were gearheads before they were vendors. They'll do whatever it takes to go faster and worry about selling stuff later.

The good thing is that it's a win/win for the consumer and X2C. They get bragging rights while the customer gets a proven product.

It all works out in the end.:shrug

·
Registered
218 Posts
Did you guys get a chance to pick up the latest issue of MM&FF? Go X2C Motorsports!

·
Registered
30 Posts
nosomo: X2C Motorsports has had an 03'Cobra complete kit w A/C available for install for the last 8 months, thats why we are working on race kits now. Our street kit has proven itself on the dyno, the track and most importantly on the street, the prototype car was daily driven for 3 months prior to its availability. Unfortunately though these kits are still only available for custom install.

·
Registered
23 Posts
X2C Motorsports said:
nosomo: X2C Motorsports has had an 03'Cobra complete kit w A/C available for install for the last 8 months, thats why we are working on race kits now. Our street kit has proven itself on the dyno, the track and most importantly on the street, the prototype car was daily driven for 3 months prior to its availability. Unfortunately though these kits are still only available for custom install.
You should openly tell people this and advertise it. I still hear questions about the turbo kits all the time.

·
Registered
87 Posts
X2C,

You need to perfect the kit and sell it as a kit. I would be willing to buy the thing much sooner if I didn't have to drive to Cali to get it done. As it stands right now, I am very interested, but the extra 4G's that it's going to cost me for the trip is going to take longer to come up with. BTW, what is the largest turbo your street setup will support? The 86mm is probably not going to be enough for the 5.4 DOHC I am planning on putting in after I blow this one into itty-bitty pieces.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Well after replacing a piston the car made over 720 hp but was losing fuel pressure so we backed down the boost and timing and the car is sitting with 689 hp 712 fptq @ 20psi. We ran the car yesterday it went 9.87 1.45 60ft @140 more to come!!!

·
Yes...it can be done
3,140 Posts
Congrats Chuck...remove your time from the internet though.... :D

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
03chuck said:
Well after replacing a piston the car made over 720 hp but was losing fuel pressure so we backed down the boost and timing and the car is sitting with 689 hp 712 fptq @ 20psi. We ran the car yesterday it went 9.87 1.45 60ft @140 more to come!!!
NOT TOO SHABBY :D

·
Registered
22 Posts
bjherron said:
congrats! That was one heck of a street ride thursday night :)
thanks for the tuning help your the man Brian we need to get back on the dyno after i get the fuel pumps i'll give you a call

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
no problem, it was a fun car to dyno tune and I think a lot of the spectators at the dyno thursday enjoyed it. Let me know when you get those pumps in and we'll get back to it!

Another thing to consider is that your car is an automatic so you are loosing about 5% more in the drivetrain than the 6-speed cars are. If you had a 6-speed behind it your numbers would be more like 732RWHP / 756RWTQ

Brian

·
Registered
136 Posts
Here's a pic from Mod Shootout of the kit that uses the blocked off Eaton housing as part of intake...sorry for low quality, had the camera set wrong:mad: Not much else to see as the turbo itself is under the right front fender.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 26 Posts