Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well my T-56 is a gonner and they want $1600.00 to fix! So I think I am going to go with either a C-4 or a C-6? Anybody know how hard it is to change over? And also whether or not to pay extra for the C-6? The tranny's I have been looking at have been level 10. All the help I can get would be appreciated.

Thanks, Greg

·
Snake Charmer
2,830 Posts
Just curious, but what was the diagnosis on the tranny? What kind of HP/Torque you putting through it and do you do a lot of racing?

If you want to stick with a T56, try the viper spec from D&D.

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
blownwhite03 said:
Well my T-56 is a gonner and they want $1600.00 to fix! So I think I am going to go with either a C-4 or a C-6? Anybody know how hard it is to change over? And also whether or not to pay extra for the C-6? The tranny's I have been looking at have been level 10. All the help I can get would be appreciated.

Thanks, Greg
The c4 has already been used.I think Pete used a Beefed up GT tranny 4r70w that would keep you more Streetable..
Give Nitro a call..

peace:D

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Shadowgray03 said:
Just curious, but what was the diagnosis on the tranny? What kind of HP/Torque you putting through it and do you do a lot of racing?

If you want to stick with a T56, try the viper spec from D&D.
2nd gear gone, 2nd and 4th synchros gone, and all bearings.
only 446rwhp & 469rwtq plus idler and exhaust.
I drag race it quite a bit thats what did my tranny in. But the main reason was due to the clucth was not fully disengaging. Learn a lesson from me and buy a firewall adjuster and quadrant!

Greg

·
Registered
438 Posts
Since your tranny is gone.....why don't you just put a TKO in it? That is what I am going to do if my tranny every bites the dust!

IMO that is what this car needs anyway!! I believe the TKO is has a better overall gear ratio for this car. The 3:35 1st will make up for the weak 3:55 rear gears and 5th gear is the same or nearly the same (don't remember exact specs) as 6th gear in the T-56 so hi-way driving won't suffer too much.

You can get a TKO/TKO II from D&D for less money then it will take you to repair the one you have now. I beleive D&D has the TKO for 1199 bux.

Also, if you are drag racing alot, you can put an SFI approved bellhousing on the tko.

The automatic conversion, in the long run, will be more costly and require some modifications to your shift tunnel, interior, etc. You may have to chop it up a bit to make everything work. Maybe an automatic/ console combo from a Mach I???? IDK???

My .02

Ben Dorn

·
Registered
140 Posts
go with a c4...c6 weighs like 4000 lbs!lol....art carr makes a c4 that will work...or buy an adapter from jw performance and use a powerglide...you can buy one cheap..around $900...and they are durable and lightweight

1 - 7 of 7 Posts