Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone look into Holly's Hooker Headers for the 03. I believe its part # 6229, 1 3/4 - 3" collector. Any better/worse that Kooks?

·
Pushrod Dinosaur
1,006 Posts
03snake said:
Anyone look into Holly's Hooker Headers for the 03. I believe its part # 6229, 1 3/4 - 3" collector. Any better/worse that Kooks?
they are 1 5/8 X 3 and they are worse.

gary

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Re: SORRY! Another Longtube ?

SVTyballz said:
they are 1 5/8 X 3 and they are worse.

gary
Gary, worse in quality, harder to install, what? I was at a local performance shop and looked it up, the catalog stated 1 3/4 - 3".

·
Pushrod Dinosaur
1,006 Posts
The main problem I have with the Hookers is that the PN is the same for 2001 also. I have e-mailed them, called them, and I still can't get a definite answer on whether or not they match the 03 exhaust ports. And the people I talked to said that 6229 was 1 5/8. They may have changed things or they might have an 03 specific header out now. If you want LT's you can't go wrong with Kooks or even QMP for that matter.

gary

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
If you need info on KOOKs headers call Nick @ KOOK's

TOLL FREE
1 866-586-5665

Tell him I asked you to call him.Nick is a good friend of mine..

jim v.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Jimmy V.
Gary, I agree it is the same part number, I recall the guy behind the counter mentioning something while he was on the phone with Holly about HKR6229-1. I didn't see the -1 in the catalog.
Maybe it is 03 specific. I agree with Kooks and QMP, I just ordered a set of Kooks from JDM for a bud(using my address). Going to install this weekend or early next week. I, myself am still shopping, but this weekend will at least give me a look and also provide a taste of ease of install for the Kooks. With the review I've read concerning the QMP, in the end that is probably what I'll go with since I plan to switch to their full exhaust. Thanks Guys.

BO

1 - 6 of 6 Posts