Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I'm finally considering swapping out the stock plugs for some NGK TR6 plugs that I've had sitting around for awhile.

I've been noticing lately that my car stumbles when it is in full boost at around 13lbs. Is this a symptom of spark blowout? I'm hopeing that it is. It stumbles almost like it is not getting any gas.

Also, wondering about the plugs I have chosen to replace the stock ones...

If when I look at the stock plugs and they are the AGSF22FM1 then the TR6 plugs would be the same heat range I think.

If the stock plugs are AGSF12FM1 then the TR6 plugs would be 1 step hotter in heat range?

and if the stock plugs are AGSF32FM1 then the TR6 would be 1 step cooler?

I would want to go at least one step colder, correct? So unless my stock plugs are AGSF32FM1, I shouldn't use the TR6 plugs since they would be the same heat range or higher. Correct?

Thanks,

Ben

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
I believe you are correct.. The NGtr6's gapped @ 35 worked great for me.
I am running the Denso IT 20's now.. and they also work well. I think the Idle is a little better with the Denso's i have now and they are gapped @38..
I run 13lbs boost..

jim v.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for the reply Jim

does the symptoms i described sound like it could be from blowout?

thanks

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
ygohome said:
Thank you for the reply Jim

does the symptoms i described sound like it could be from blowout?

thanks
That's hard to tell as many things can cause that situation..
The Plugs is a good thing to eliminate.
I still don't understand why guys put pulleys on without even knowing what stock plug they have.
We already know that Ford has used the 32's that is really too hot of a plug for Stock let alone a 15lb+ pullied car

jim v.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Jim Vaccaro said:
That's hard to tell as many things can cause that situation..
The Plugs is a good thing to eliminate.
I still don't understand why guys put pulleys on without even knowing what stock plug they have.
We already know that Ford has used the 32's that is really too hot of a plug for Stock let alone a 15lb+ pullied car

jim v.
Thanks again Jim.

As far as me not knowing what stock plugs I have prior to installing the pulley... well... all i can say is that it's probably because I'm not a mechanicle type person who know much about this sort of thing. But I'm learning. Hopefully before I bliow somthing up HA!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts