Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings all...I am new to this site, and incredibly impressed thus far. I am a regular on thecorral.net and stangnet. This is great as well!

A quick inquiry. I have the new Reinhart spec Vortec V2SQ kit going on my GT in a few weeks, and bought the Motorcraft 12C plugs for it. Are they too cold for that combo or will they be alright.

I have heard some different opinions, and would appreciate any information that you can share as well.

Thanks.
~Darren

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Hey Derrick,glad to have you as a member.Im not familar with the plug.I have always used the NGK TR6's from 350rwhp to my currrent setup.Im sure someone will chime in with a answer for you.Dennis could probably answer it as well.Might give him a call.

Tim

·
Registered
44 Posts
You want to use the AWSF-A12C,the tune that Dennis has is setup for use with this heat range plug.The timing and a/f ratios are safe,and these colder plugs are extra insurance to prevent engine destroying detonation. I run that same plug in my '97 Tbird,and it is N/A.
JL

·
Registered
132 Posts
Cobra Killer said:
Hey Derrick,glad to have you as a member.Im not familar with the plug.I have always used the NGK TR6's from 350rwhp to my currrent setup.Im sure someone will chime in with a answer for you.Dennis could probably answer it as well.Might give him a call.

Tim
He's Darren, I'm Derrick. Get it straight, Tom!

:p
Derrick

·
Registered
132 Posts
Cobra Killer said:
hehehehe....sorry...Calling you Derrick was kinda like smacking you in the face.;)

Later,

Tom:p
:D I guess I walked right into that one!

:cool:
Derrick

·
Registered
8 Posts
New member also, I've used the 12's but switched to the Tr-55 that works the same. Right now I'm using the tr-6's because they allow for a little more richness. I do change them every other oil change though. Good plug, and I have not experienced any blowout that seems to be associated with the model plug.Good luck.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I am now looking at the IT22 by Denso...any feedback there gentlemen?
~Darren

1 - 8 of 8 Posts