Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking for the spark plug removal TSB specific to the 05-07 GT's, I looked through the table of contents but only found the TSB for the 5.4 engines. If I missed it I'm sorry.
I want to get some on piece plugs and have the dealer take care of this now instead of later.
Thanks.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
The revised TSB covers the complete product line of early build 4.6L 3V & 5.4L 3V engines which have the early cylinder heads and the POS 2 piece plug design.

I have both an 05 & 06 Saleen S/C'd GT with this POS plug design. When I purchased my 08 F150 w/5.4L 3V engine, I walked around the dealer's lot until I found an engine with a build date that had the later design cylinder heads/spark plugs.

Good luck!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I cannot believe that Ford Motor Co. paid some idiot to type up this flow chart. This is a TSB for everyone to READ across the world. Look how this razor bone spelled "POUR" in the third box of the flow chart!!! I guess with cutbacks you get what you pay for.:stupid:

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
I was looking for the spark plug removal TSB specific to the 05-07 GT's, I looked through the table of contents but only found the TSB for the 5.4 engines. If I missed it I'm sorry.
I want to get some on piece plugs and have the dealer take care of this now instead of later.
Thanks.
well if i was you like( I DID) i let ford pull and replace the plugs, better letting them pull the head or heads if debris falls into the cylinder. pay the price the first time to get things corrected. have you ever seen all the tools you need to correct possible problems. there is a build date on the GT's where this is no longer a problem, not sure what it is, someone in the site will know, i think it is 2007+ no problems or minimal

1 - 5 of 5 Posts