Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Question is for guys with over 14pounds of boost. denso22's ,tr6 or Br7ef I have used all 3 just put a set of Br7ef in but have not been to the track yet. before the br7ef's I had denso 20's in. thinking maybe they were not cold enough . I have 16 pounds of boost. stock eaton:blob

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
i run it-22's with a slightly smaller gap. not exactly the easiest plugs to gap (broke 2 electrodes) but it does seam to clean up the slight stumble i had at the 1000 ft mark.

·
Registered
924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just can't see myself spending that kind of money again for plugs . The plugs the fuel racers use don't even cost that much $2.50 a plug the last time I checked. their fuel is a hundred times harder too light and they use a sh** load more boost. I think I will stick with the NGK's.:blob

·
Registered
72 Posts
We sell the IT22s for $74 a set and will gap a set for $5. Give us a call if you are interested. We also sell the NGK plugs but you will have some misfires from the NGKs.

609-567-5774

·
Registered
79 Posts
I run BR7EF's...

Ran IT22's on the stock motor..

No problems with either.

-Dale

·
Registered
418 Posts
conleymotorsports said:
Question is for guys with over 14pounds of boost. denso22's ,tr6 or Br7ef I have used all 3 just put a set of Br7ef in but have not been to the track yet. before the br7ef's I had denso 20's in. thinking maybe they were not cold enough . I have 16 pounds of boost. stock eaton:blob
conleymotorsports, we use NGK TR6's here and have not had any problems with running them gapped at .040 , pulling 14 pounds of boost on the street with our Lightning. Hope this helps, as living in a hot climate, we have had several Cobra & Lightning owners prefer the NGK over the Denso's in 90+ heat and 90+ humidity in South Florida.

Also, we have noticed a significant drop in Knock Retard at wide open throttle, using Copper Tipped TR6's, verses any Iridium Sparkplug made for our Forced Air Induction Engines down here in the heat.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I use Densos....I tried the NGK's and they worked great, but the Densos give me a noticeably smoother idle.
I know other guys that say the same thing about the NGK's.......every truck is different and reacts different.

·
Registered
64 Posts
tr6's here

My tunner runs them on his race car. and I haven't had a reason to change. gapped at .034:D

·
Registered
352 Posts
Denso's are great if your sponsored by them. They are the weakest plug you can install. If youre constantly adding/removing stuff off your truck and your tune is going up and down, use a more forgiving plug such as a NGK. Once you get your truck and tune settled, then i would switch. Denso's are super fragile and one hint of detonation, kiss those plugs goodbye.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Venomous Mofo said:
If youre constantly adding/removing stuff off your truck and your tune is going up and down, use a more forgiving plug such as a NGK. Once you get your truck and tune settled, then i would switch. Denso's are super fragile and one hint of detonation, kiss those plugs goodbye.
I agree with you on that Mofo, Densos are very fragile !!:D

·
Registered
924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thanks for the info I don't need to be sold on the denso plugs all I was asking was who was using what. I have used all of the plugs mentioned Just don"t see Paying the overinflated price for the denso plug. That's my opinion . also When I had ny 632 in my nova that made approx. 1100hp on N20 I used cheap $1.55 autolites hade no problems it's all in the tune and plug heat range.

·
Registered
246 Posts
I prefer using the NGK TR6 plug,i ran and dyno tested the TR6 along with the Denso IT20 and IT22 and there was no difference in HP between any of them. I can buy the TR6 plugs for $1.50 each or $12 for eight of them.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts