Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When you put a Spec II clutch in your Cobra does it void anything else besides the warranty on the clutch itself? And if I ever have a tranny problem and they go to do it and see the aftermarket cluch will they void my warranty and make me pay for all the work and parts?:confused:

·
Pushrod Dinosaur
1,006 Posts
Is there anything wrong with your stock clutch?? In the past, I have had Ford replace an OEM clutch with an aftermarket because of a bad TO bearing. They footed the bill for the labor so i got a free install. And still had the tranny waranty intact because their own hacks installed it. Did i say hacks???OOPS I meant factory trained technicians................

gary

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Unfortantely I need to put a new clutch in and I already bought the spec II clutch which I heard are pretty much one of the best out there. But I don't want to put the OEM clutch in because I already bought the SPEC clutch. Will the clutch void my tranny for problems occur?

·
Registered
124 Posts
BagelO said:
Will the clutch void my tranny for problems occur?
No set answer as it depends on who you are working with at a dealership. I installed the Spec2 disc and Spec3 pressure plate after my stock clutch went out at 1500 miles. This is a very good street setup if you are running around 475+ to the wheels.
The dealership I am now doing business with had no issues with the replacement choice and even commented that I switch shifters to prevent fork damage. They said SVT would be picky on fork damage due to "vehicle abuse" so they approved a new shifter.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts