Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those that have been reading about my car, I decided to remove the Electromotive Tech III and reinstall the Fast Engine Management system. Alternative Auto did the install for me, and the install turned out awesome. 3 weeks ago when we put it on the dyno, the car would not run past 7500 rpms. We used the combination of the Speed Pro, MSD Dis-4 HO, and FAST EDIS electronics. To be truthful, I did not think the EDIS combo was going to work, and I started having discussions with John Mihovetz about installing a distributor on the car.

Well Lideo, stayed on the problem like it was his own car. Not only did he stay on top of it, he worked very close with the guys from FAST to work around the problem. Lideo then reinstalled all the components, and we went back up to the dyno yesterday. The car now revs cleanly to 8800 rpms with no spark problems at all.

FAST has a really good bench that they were able to test my components and simulate my cars system. They were able to verify our results we saw, and then tweaked the FAST EDIS electronics to trick the MSD. For those that decide to use the Crane boxes, Holley 8 channel, or KB boost a spark you should not have to do this. FAST was working with MSD to resolve this issue in the future. MSD has been very helpful as well.

When I first started the car with the Speed Pro, I could not believe how good Lideo was able to get the drivability on the car. Drivability was enhanced greatly due to me upgrading from Batch to sequential, and the car hasn't had this great of drivability since Mike Wesley tuned the EEC IV for me when it was on the car. I highly recommend sequential over batch if you can afford the extra $500. I was very comfortable with the FAST engine management system before on my own, but Lideo was able to show me a lot. He's extreme knowledge on that system.

Anyway, Lideo stayed the entire day with me at the dyno on his own time, and helped me for the entire day.

The cars as close as its going to get on the dyno for a tune-up and now its ready to run at the track. I just have to get my chassis recertified next week, and its ready to go. John and I will need to reshim the torque converter for a little more stall, other than that the cars holding up really good.

I want to take this time to really thank Lideo for all his help throughout this project.

Dave

·
Registered
385 Posts
Dave King said:
The car now revs cleanly to 8800 rpms with no spark problems at all.
WOW! What kind of numbers are you putting out that high in the RPMs.

Sounds like this Lideo guy knows his chit when it comes to tuning cars. Good luck!

Darren

·
Registered
302 Posts
Glad to hear it Dave! Are you planning to try and twist the engine more than the 8800? Gotta love the RPM's!!:D

·
Registered
511 Posts
The Ford computer will not read the timing over 7500 RPM, and I would like to toss the stock computer just to rid the MAF issues.

Who has run something like the Motec or Accel system, and offer some feed back?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts