Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I talked to a shop in Northern CA. He said the easiest way to get the swap up and running was to go w/ the Speed Pro.

The Speed Pro cost $2300 from him (is this good?)
It comes w/ the 4.6 EDIS module, 4.6 harness, wide band o2, bank to bank.

From what he said I can use the COPs that came w/ my 01 Crate motor (currently in my 96 GT using the coil packs).

I would need to hook the Speed pro up to the crank sensor and cam sync. I have to use OEM Ford connectors for this and just solder them to the Speed Pro harness.

Is that it? I assume I'll have to use aftermarket gauges. I'd probably go w/ a Florida50.com gauge panel.

Does the Speed Pro let me ditch the factory harness and EEC?

So is that all I'd have to buy to get the car fired up? Any more info about the Speed Pro that I should know?

Darren

·
Registered
95 Posts
$2300 is a damn fine number.....

I don't know with the box has enuff outputs to fire the COP's...

Yes, you can junk the whole EEC harness and computer. As for the gauges, I dunno. I don't have a EVTM in front of me to see if any of the wires are intertwined in that harness or not.

You will need the box wiring up properly and a base tuned map, to fire it up.

Brian

·
Registered
20 Posts
4V-GTS,

You are going to need a DIST from FAST for the COP late model ignition.

You do not have to ditch the factory ECU and harness, you can use the stock ECU and really need to as it does control a few comfort features like guages and other features on your car that you will need or want.

The ECU harness will have to to modified, not that big of a deal, to keep from getting Check engine lights from the open circuits.

We have done a few of these set ups on customers cars and I will check with my wiring tech at the shop and see what all is required for you and post it on Monday.

The price on that Speed Pro (FAST) is ok, you can get them for around $2000.00 with WB02 and harness, from us or other FAST dealers around the country, less the GM sensors you will need for your application.

www.proturbokits.com

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If you can list what I'd need, that would be awesome.

I decided that I don't want to use the factory gauge cluster, and I'll most likely buy or make something similar to the Florida50 guage panels.

That will also do away w/ all the emission equipment and SES light.

The only reason I wanted to use the COPs is b/c it kept the engine bay nice and clean. If it's too much work, I can always use the regular 96-98 coil packs and plug wires.

Thanks.
Darren

·
Registered
20 Posts
Speed Pro answers

4V-GTS,

I did some checking on your question,

You can run either coil packs or Coil on Plug and use a MSD Dis4 ignition box(s).

You do not need the DIST from FAST, that is for GM products with OptiSpark Ignition.

If you are going to keep the factory guages and other sensor controlled items, you will need to have 2 of each sensor, one for the FAST which are GM version sensors and one of aech Ford sensor for the factory computer.

If you are going to use aftermarket gauges, then you only need the GM sensors for the FAST system. ETS, TPS & ATS. you will nedd a MAP sensor ( 1,2 or 3 bar ) if you are running a blower or turbo.

To eliminate the factory mass air from the factory computer wiring harness, you will need a Ford wiring schematic to do so. Not a big deal to do.

Hope this helps you get it sorted out.

Keith

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
2000BlackGT said:
is the shop you are talking about keith from force fed in yuba city?
Fast Track in Eureka

Darren

·
Registered
257 Posts
Give [email protected] a call, He can and will give you a hell of a deal on the Fast system. Also is the $2200 Batch fire or sequential ? If the car is going to be street driven you might wanna consider sequential. Sometimes with Batchfire the engine loads up at low rpms.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts