Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I searched and didn't see anything for this one.

How do we adjust the speedometer reading, to accomodate different size tires?

TIA,
Force Fed :)

·
Night Trains Daddy
1,569 Posts
Chips, re-burn, or a speedcal

Several companies make a speedcal they wire in and have dipswitches to compensate for changes. I had one on my GT works great.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
stlblack03 said:
Chips, re-burn, or a speedcal

Several companies make a speedcal they wire in and have dipswitches to compensate for changes. I had one on my GT works great.
Cool! Thanks! Just the info I was lookin' for! Do you have a link for the speedcal thingie?

Rick? What would be involved in re-burning my Delta chip for different size tires? Would it be worth it, compared to the speedcal thingie?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
stlblack03 said:
http://www.dallasmustang.com/speedcal_about.htm

I would just have Rick do the chip...but the good thing about the speedcal is you can adjust a little on the "mileage favorable" side if you know what I mean :D
Cool! Thanks! It looks like it might be time to get the switch for the Delta chip. ;-) Whadaya think.....a program for my winter 17" tires, and one for the summer 18" tires?

·
Registered
4,522 Posts
As long as the 18" and 17" are about the same height, which they should be, it won't matter. The EEC is nice for speedo cal nowadays. You just feed it tire height and rear end ratio, and it does it all for ya. Really nice for the trucks and bigger tires.

Speedcal says it's only for use with 5 speeds?

·
Night Trains Daddy
1,569 Posts
Speedcal says it's only for use with 5 speeds?
That may be true...it is tranny specific...I don't know if they have one for the T56.

What 18's are you getting Stan? I had them on my GT and don't recommend them at all. They do look good though. If you run a 275/35 or so the difference will be very small.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
stlblack03 said:
That may be true...it is tranny specific...I don't know if they have one for the T56.

What 18's are you getting Stan? I had them on my GT and don't recommend them at all. They do look good though. If you run a 275/35 or so the difference will be very small.
I've got my eye on those AFS 18x9 and 18x10.5. But I've decided to hold off for now. Too many other priorities (like the Kenny Brown frame stiffening stuff, the Griggs Racing K-member, the BilletFlow T/B, Basanni mid-length headers.......I think that's it.....for now ;-) )

So I just ordered tires for now. I got KDW's for the front, and Drag Radials for the back. ...stock size.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts