Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought a 99-00 spoiler to replace the plain jane boring 01-04 GT spoiler, and was wondering if the 99-00 will just bolt right in to the same holes as the stock spoiler without making new holes? or does it require new holes to be drilled and the holes be refilled and the deck lid to be repainted?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Im not 100 percent sure but I dont think they are the same holes. I have a 00 gt and know that the hole are toward the outside edge of the trunk lid and I think just by looking at 01-04 that they are more towards the inside and that the holes would need to be filled and repainted with new ones drilled. Someone correct me if im wrong though.
Matt

·
Super Moderator
3,538 Posts
I believe they have different mounting holes, the 99/00 is more mounted toward the edge of the dec lid, where as the 01+ is mounted somewhat more center of the deck lid.

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
got another question. the nuts that hold this spoiler on did not come with the spoiler. I have the 4 bolts, so my question is, will the nuts holding my stock spoiler on work to hold the 99-00 spoiler on?

i looked on 50resto.com for a hardware mounting kit but didn't find anything.

im about to get this painted along with my 03 cobra sideskirts, and get it all installed, just trying to make sure I have everything

·
Super Moderator
3,538 Posts
Not sure, I would think they would fit.

·
Registered
492 Posts
not sure about the nuts but i know 100% that the holes are different.

·
Registered
205 Posts
is it a real 99/00 spoiler? the nuts should be the same size if it is. Otherwise take a bolt to Ace, or Nuts n Bolts, or whatever your equivalent hardware center is, and pick up a pack.

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
is it a real 99/00 spoiler? the nuts should be the same size if it is. Otherwise take a bolt to Ace, or Nuts n Bolts, or whatever your equivalent hardware center is, and pick up a pack.
Yup, holes will be different, nuts and bolts the same.
thanks guys!!

i will use the nuts off my stock spoiler then.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts