Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's the benefit and/or difference in doing this vs. just spraying at the TB on a s/c car?

TIA,

·
Registered
35 Posts
Spraying Nitrous accross the intercooler cools the air charge more and that can equal power but I doubt it's very cost effective. When racing an intercooler can become heat soaked while sitting around waiting for the next run so I'd gather a nice cool down shot would help some. The Icy shock might not be so good for the intercooler itself tho but that's for someone else to ponder.

-Scott

·
Yup....still on top!
2,055 Posts
Jay,

Spraying across the intercooler helps bring the air inlet temperature down, thus creating more horsepower because you can run a more aggressive tune. Most classes don't allow 2 power adders, so they spray the intercooler instead of the motor.

Later.

·
Registered
290 Posts
We just had a discussion about this over at the Modular Depot. It's currently got network problems again, but when it comes back online, I'll post a link to it.

·
Registered
39 Posts
How about using just water or CO2?

Ed

·
Registered
39 Posts
60rwhp? wow.

·
Registered
5 Posts
The NX kit actually added 27 RWHP when I had the stock motor with the P1. Sprayed in 4th gear only. Might have made more if I would have sprayed through 4 gears, but with a 5 lb bottle, it doesnt leave much to work with.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts