Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

I currently drive an 03 Neon SRT-4. It's been fun, started out as S3 made 350whp/360wtq. Then I upgraded to a tubular manifold and Borg Warner S256 turbo along with a DS email tune. I haven't hit a dyno yet to clean up the tune, but I would guess somewhere in the realm of 380-400whp. Though I am getting bored of traction issues at the moment and have been looking elsewhere.

I'm planning on purchasing a DD and getting a Cobra next. It's been interesting lurking around and learning up on everything again, it's like starting over. Anyways, at this point I am leaning towards getting a stock one and starting from the beginning. I'm not a huge fan of buying pre-built cars, but getting a 600whp+ one for close to the price of a newer, stock one is tempting.

Anyways...:salut:

Crappy blown HP61 before the new turbo...

·
Super Moderator
3,538 Posts
That is one sick SRT4 man. My dad has an 05 OB that makes 437whp.

·
Super Moderator
3,538 Posts
Thanks. If I tuned it, that's probably the number I would shoot for on pump gas, maybe try for 500whp on race gas. And I love OB.
Yeah its pretty damn fast. He has pistons/rods and cams all new in the box ready to go in, but he's not sure if he wants to do it all. Might sell it, i'm trying to convince him to get a Terminator!

Welcome to the site anyways, theres a lot of god information to be had on this site!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Welcome to MF.
Gracias

Any track numbers on the neon? They are impressive cars.
The only time I went out I was on 16x7 street tires, pump gas on the Stage 3 turbo. I did a 13.0 @ 117. If I was on slicks and race gas I would have come close to 11's I think. They're a very tricky car to get off the line easily.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
welcome, car looks great!! post up some pics of the termi when you get it!
Will do. It'll be awhile though. I'd like to pay off my education and get into a house with a garage before I start looking at modding another car. But I will get a terminator, whenever that may be.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Definitely get a RWD!! I just got rid of my very first FWD (modded Mazdaspeed 3) for a Stage 3 Roush.
Even though my Mazdaspeed 3 was faster than my new Roush, I don't miss it. The Roush feels slower, but at least it moves while the Speed3 just spun tires... lol

1 - 11 of 11 Posts