Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone replaced their stock rockers with some aftermarket ones? According to the latest MM&FF article, somebody gained 40 hp by switching to Second street speed rockers.

·
Registered
4,522 Posts
$3500+ for those. I dobut it.

That'll buy you a KB and the additional 250 RWHP it can make. Maybe when they cost 500 or less for a set I'll go for it.

·
Registered
482 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
$3,500? Forget it!! I would rather go with the KB.

·
Registered
295 Posts
jiocco said:
$3,500? Forget it!! I would rather go with the KB.
For most people this may be true. Rob, a friend of mine & owner of the Cobra which SSS is using for the test & design of the rockers states quite clearly these were not designed for HP, rather reliability. His car is completely sick, and although expensive, he is building it correctly. His car is a full weight convertable, running a Novi 2000k at a relatively low boost & 6 rib belt, yet on recent pulls with the SSS rockers is cranking out over 800hp. I can't speak for him, but for the intended use, these rockers are a great & novel addition to the modular aftermarket. I believe they knew the 'market' of interest, and solid rockers really aren't ideal for a street 'everyday' driving car, unless you enjoy adjusting 32 rockers on a routine basis, but for a race type or low milage, high HP car, Rob & SSS have proven their are benefits. Just look at the intent & try not to flame the price. Innovation comes at a cost.
:beer I raise a brewski for Rob & Second Street Speed for taking the initiative (especially Rob, for the donor motor, time, and funded research) and offering this innovative system. The modular motor world is here to stay, and I'm sure you see these, or designs like these become a part of the future motorsports.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Everett said:
For most people this may be true. Rob, a friend of mine & owner of the Cobra which SSS is using for the test & design of the rockers states quite clearly these were not designed for HP, rather reliability. His car is completely sick, and although expensive, he is building it correctly. His car is a full weight convertable, running a Novi 2000k at a relatively low boost & 6 rib belt, yet on recent pulls with the SSS rockers is cranking out over 800hp. I can't speak for him, but for the intended use, these rockers are a great & novel addition to the modular aftermarket. I believe they knew the 'market' of interest, and solid rockers really aren't ideal for a street 'everyday' driving car, unless you enjoy adjusting 32 rockers on a routine basis, but for a race type or low milage, high HP car, Rob & SSS have proven their are benefits. Just look at the intent & try not to flame the price. Innovation comes at a cost.
:beer I raise a brewski for Rob & Second Street Speed for taking the initiative (especially Rob, for the donor motor, time, and funded research) and offering this innovative system. The modular motor world is here to stay, and I'm sure you see these, or designs like these become a part of the future motorsports.
Thanks Jeff:cool:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts