Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, this morning on my way to work, I was comming to a stop sign (out of gear, just coasting).. when I realized my breaks were no longer power breaks!!! :jawdrop As I slammed my fott as hard as possible onto them, I barley got the car stopped as I rolled into the intersection almost getting nailed by an F250!!! Well, I knew as soon as I didn't have breaks.. my car stalled for the 2nd time! Man, I'm getting tird of this.. now I'm going to worry every morning, If it's gonna stall, I guess I'll be down shifting! :shocked

Anyone have an update on when the reflash is supposed to happen? i'd really like it to be out, before I go to the dealer. but this is getting on my last nerves!! :vomit:

·
Registered
145 Posts
Make sure you call SVT (1800 FORD SVT) and tell them about this. The more complaints they get, the more attention it will receive. Supposedly there is a law suit pending where someone was killed b/c of a similar situation where the 03 died and brakes didn't work causing an accident.

I am glad you are ok though! Maybe try the e-brake next time if you have time to think about it. The re-flash is rumored to be available in a week or so but SVT will be able to tell you for sure.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks.. I will call them as soon as I get a chance. I usually think of the e-brake (mainly for slowing down throguh speed traps, no break lights and the fornt end doesn't dip down). But I was just caught off guard, not to mention.. a lil sleepy! :rolleyes:
I'll be on my game if there is a next time, I know that for sure!

·
Snake Charmer
2,830 Posts
There seems to be a window of time when coasting that the VSS keeps rpm up and after a set time frame rpms drop...often to never return as the casr dies. I find that if you simply downshift instead of coasting you wont stall. It frustrates me that you have to do this but as you found out first hand, stalling can get you in deep doo doo pretty quick.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yes, I've noticed that the rpm's stay up for a lil while, while you're coasting, until it settles. I actually coast the car alot! well, not anymore.. nothing but downshifting for me!

·
Registered
674 Posts
As a safety reminder, when this happens...

drop the car back in gear and bump start it.

I know there's a lot running through your mind when this happens, but taking the time to bump start it (to get power assist brakes back) would be better than pushing the brake pedal through the floor because of no power assist.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts