Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My motor finally came in last night. Been working on it all night and its all assembeld and just about ready to go in the car. Just need to attach the LTs, FW, clutch and Tranny. I will probably start the car tommorow. Originally i was going to start it with the blower installed, 42# injectors, Pro M Univer calibrated for 42s, and my chip. Which was mailed to my tuner to put a temporary program on it for my setup until i get to my tuner. Problem is my chip never came in yesterday like it was supposed to. I was thinking installing the 19# injectors and stock MAF and no blower. This was so i can atleast get some miles on the car. Randy suggested to run the car with the blower and 42s, chip, just dont beat on it. Thats what i was originally going to do, but no chip yet. Will it be ok if i still ran the car with the 42s and the MAF w/ no chip? I want to put a few miles on this motor before getting tuned. Just dont know which way i should go about it? Thanks. Sorry for the long post.

Dave

·
Registered
20 Posts
I would just wait on the blower and throw the stock stuff in just so you can get so miles on it and help the rings seat . but thats just what I would do.

·
Registered
4,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yea that looks like what im going to do. Better safe than sorry. I should be fine running the stock MAF and 19s. Car should be running tonight or tommorow hopefully. :D

·
Registered
4,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
UPDATE: Well i ended up putting in the stock injectors and MAF for now. Car fired right up last night. I am very pleased with the way it started and is running. I havent been able to drive it yet. But i was expecting it to surge and probably not hold an idle. But it is perfect :D Now just need to put some break in miles on it then the blower goes on.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts