Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Night Trains Daddy
1,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

www.steeda.com

Looks like PHP won't be selling so many more CAI's, you believe the price that guy wanted for the same thing??? :shocked

·
Registered
510 Posts
Yeah, I saw the post on svtperformance. Isn't it like only $199 or something?!?! Sucks for PHP. Looks like they are gonna have to do some price chopping :p

·
Night Trains Daddy
1,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I got a little excited over at SVTPERF :D :D :D

I got in so many arguements with people about how that was a huge ripoff...now it doesn't look bad for that price ;)

G

·
i found it earlier and posted, i was talking to them when i ordered my triax and they said there is no lower support like the php, the screw on the fender side holds the weight of it all and the said it rests on the wire loom below

·
Registered
510 Posts
matt lankford said:
i found it earlier and posted, i was talking to them when i ordered my triax and they said there is no lower support like the php, the screw on the fender side holds the weight of it all and the said it rests on the wire loom below
Well, as long as the support bolt that holds it is strong and it doesn't rub/crush the wires below I'd say it is an excellent buy.

G

·
i agree, when anyone buys something from php they know there getting their heads wacked in but his stuff is always first on the block and you know that when you but it. neither one of these cai setups cost more that 80 bucks with the filter to make

·
Registered
510 Posts
matt lankford said:
i agree, when anyone buys something from php they know there getting their heads wacked in but his stuff is always first on the block and you know that when you but it. neither one of these cai setups cost more that 80 bucks with the filter to make
Yeah, that is VERY true. Paul is always the first to have stuff out and some of his stuff is very trick. I guess you gotta pay to play with some items. :(

G

·
i dropped 300 at the strip club last night, i dropped 300 on the PHP airbox. at least one i can sell on ebay....

·
Registered
510 Posts
matt lankford said:
i dropped 300 at the strip club last night, i dropped 300 on the PHP airbox. at least one i can sell on ebay....
lol

·
Registered
282 Posts
Matt, you seem like a "strip club" guy:D The steeda site says they use a dual cone filter. The front of the filter should be open then which will allow for more air with the headlight removed. The PHP unit has a closed front I think.

Take care,

Kevin

G

·
Both are real nice looking products....but for me ...to much flash under the hood. I like to try and keep it as much stock looking as possible. The Amazon cover worked perfect with my 9 inch PowerStack setup. I like the OEM look. And you cant beat the price for something that does the same thing as the others.

Also the K&N filter that came with my 9 in. Powerstack from South Florida Pulley has the open end design filter......will work great with the right headlight housing out.

Harry
www.HotRodHarrys.com

·
Banned
2,034 Posts
I like the reusable price of mine off my lightning, 12" so it can flow the volume of air needed at high boost plus it fits a close as possible to the hole behind the headlight when you remove it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts