Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted some help with deciding weather or not to change my hood to a Steeda Cowl or maybe a Harwood Cowl or just leave it alone?
Thanks, Pete.

Attachments

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey Thanks for the reply.

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hammer , didnt think of that , thats a cool idea, I'll try to post a picture from work tomorrow, Im doing some changes to my discharge tube b/c the car has a stumble at idle , they told me to weld my blow off valve to the discharge tube before the throttle bodies and let it vent out instead of back to the inlet tube. Has anyone heard of doing this? Does it work?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Pete!

Haha, I opened this thread without looking at the username / location and saw the car, I was like "damn, this guy's car looks EXACTLY like my buddy's car in Miami" ... then I remembered that 281blwngt is you.

Oh... cowl hood for sure. I want the SVO hood myself, but I like the cowl too.

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey, when you left the shop today I was busy so I couldn't go outside to see how she came out. Are you happy with the look.
Did you go to the track?

·
Registered
802 Posts
281blwngt said:
they told me to weld my blow off valve to the discharge tube before the throttle bodies and let it vent out instead of back to the inlet tube. Has anyone heard of doing this? Does it work?QUOTE] I have a Vortech blowoff valve on my intercooler piping. It for sure fixed the problem I had but I'll tell you this. Those mothers are LOUD! You can buy a filter to put on them to quiet it down, though.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I love the look... the design of my intercooler doesn't really allow it to line up perfectly like yours since it's offset, but I'm happy with it. I'll take some pics tomorrow. I might stop by too, I'm going to drop by Thunderbolt because Sean is going to trim those tabs off with a grinder and maybe see if we can tweak the intercooler alignment a bit.

We went to Moroso but about halfway there we called the track and they cancelled it due to rain... waste of time. You going Friday?

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
micool , Thanks for the info. The other location they told me was exactly that , to weld it to the intercooler pipeing. Well its too late know, tomorrow Im picking up my discharge tube , if it works Ill be at the dyno if not, time for another discharge tube and a new blow off valve flange.

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
evolve, If I can tune the car tomorrow, Ill try to go Friday. Hopefully the weather will get better. And Ill also need to connect my battery switch, last time they gave me a hard time thru tech.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Sounds good, I'll talk to you about it tomorrow. Do you still have that extra DS loop? They didn't give me crap at Outlaw but I have a feeling that I'll get booted out without one on a normal T&T night.

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
micool , your venting out to the atmoshere and not having any problems with your idle? What MAF are you using?

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
evolve, During Outlaw they let you get away with more, although I believe there begining to really get on you if the car doesn't meet saftey regs

·
Registered
802 Posts
281blwngt said:
micool , your venting out to the atmoshere and not having any problems with your idle? What MAF are you using?
No idle problems whatsoever. Rock steady at 900 rpms. The beauty of my situation is that I'm 45 minutes from Chris Johnson at JMS. The guy is a genius at using stock or Lightening mass air meters on high hp cars. My car uses the stock meter.

·
Registered
37 Posts
micool said:
No idle problems whatsoever. Rock steady at 900 rpms. The beauty of my situation is that I'm 45 minutes from Chris Johnson at JMS. The guy is a genius at using stock or Lightening mass air meters on high hp cars. My car uses the stock meter.
I can vouch for that, CJ is a damn good tuner.

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Im using a 90mm lightning meter, the car used to idle perfectly until I put the power pipe on. I think the position of the blow off tube is too close to the meter and causing the problem , either that or when I hit it and saw 17#s and backed out of it the blow off damaged the needle in the meter. Im not sure what to do, Ill just wait until tomorrow. Willie Figueroa has been building cars for me for years He's as good as anyone, and never has he let me down. Im sure he'll figure it out.

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Anyway, gotta go talk to you guy's another day, evolve see you by my shop tomorrow .

1 - 20 of 26 Posts